Looking for a new setup.

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Hey guys, looking for some advice to replace my essentially stock setup. Not looking for anything too aggressive; just want to get rid of the pp anchors I have and pick up a decent set of wheels. Also, I'm not entirely sure what my offsets are (I haven't changed them so whatever factory is)

What I have:

17 GT PP

Stock PP Wheels
Fronts: 19x9 w/ 25mm Spacers (+factory offset)
Rears: 19x9.5 w/ 25 mm Spacers (+factory offset)

Tires:
Fronts: 255/40r19 MP4S
Rears: 275/40R19 MP4S

SP080 Springs (1.2" Front drop, .5" rear drop).

I enjoy exactly where the car sits in terms of height. The rears poke out a few millimeters to my liking. Need to bring them in probably 5 mm. The fronts look better, but if they come in slightly, I wouldn't complain (no more than a few mm). Everything else is essentially perfect, since I don't have rubbing issues and the stance is otherwise pretty spot on.

Max budget: $2k

What I would like to end up with:
Staggered Set up w/ 19s and at least 305s in the rear. Would also like to decrease sidewall height to a 35 as well, but I don’t want to lose the way the tire sits relative to the fender. (I’m afraid 20” wheel with 35mm sidewall would rub, but if no one has issues, I’m down.)
Any Gloss Black/Satin Black wheels. Really dig the GT350 wheels, but open to other suggestions.

What do people recommend in terms of wheel widths and offsets to have a similar look to what I have now, but without the spacers? Also, any brands I should go for/avoid? Looking for lighter weight, forged wheels that won't break the bank.

I can post a picture of my stance shortly for reference.

Any and all advice is appreciated, and feel free to show off your car with a similar setup.

Thanks guys

Current setup:
https://imgur.com/a/EUYxrvg
Sponsored

Last edited:

bless0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ingot Silver GT/PP/AE/MR Recaros
Do you have any pics of your car the way you have it setup now?

OP
OP
aleccesarenriquez

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Updated original post now

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Go to the photos and videos section. Find the thread of pictures of your color Mustang. When you see wheels you like, look them up someone always asks about wheels/tires if it's not in the sig of the poster. You will probably get a dozen ideas.

OP
OP
aleccesarenriquez

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I’ve done a fair bit of scavenging but everyone has a pretty unique set up. Really I want to see if anyone has a similar set up to what I have, just without the spacer route, and what their experiences with them are. Pictures don’t describe experiences (looking for practicality as much as look).

Sponsored

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Some conflicting things in your post. If you move the rear 275/40 to the front you will be raising the front of the car 0.3". If you go with a 275/35/20 it will be essentially the same height (27.6" vs 27.7" of the 275/40/19).

OP
OP
aleccesarenriquez

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Some conflicting things in your post. If you move the rear 275/40 to the front you will be raising the front of the car 0.3". If you go with a 275/35/20 it will be essentially the same height (27.6" vs 27.7" of the 275/40/19).
Sorry not understanding, why does the front get raised exactly?

That’s good info on the height, good to know the change in aspect ratio by 5 is worth an inch in diameter.

If that’s the case, I’m pretty much sold on 20s.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Seems like lots of people on here like the SVE wheels and those will fit your budget with a set of Firehawk Tires. IF you can stretch a bit I would personally go P51. Send Paul@PKAUTODESIGN a message and see if he can hook you up.

OP
OP
aleccesarenriquez

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
You'd be going from 255/40 (27.1") to a 275/40 (27.7")
Oh I see aspect ratio is the ratio of sidewall to width. Never took the time to understand that. Thanks

Then looks like I’ll be getting an entirely new set of tires as well

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
My stock setup was almost identical. Pp1 wheels on 1" spacers. Different springs lowered 1" all the way around. I dropped about 13-14lbs on all 4 corners losing the spacers and pp1 wheels and got wider. I went 20x10 +35 / 20x11 +50 on 285/35/20 and 315/35/20. The rears poke less than the stock wheels on spacers but are still flush. Fronts are about the same. No rub. I sometimes wish I would have gone lower than the 1" drop but was super paranoid on ride quality lol.

OP
OP
aleccesarenriquez

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
My stock setup was almost identical. Pp1 wheels on 1" spacers. Different springs lowered 1" all the way around. I dropped about 13-14lbs on all 4 corners losing the spacers and pp1 wheels and got wider. I went 20x10 +35 / 20x11 +50 on 285/35/20 and 315/35/20. The rears poke less than the stock wheels on spacers but are still flush. Fronts are about the same. No rub. I sometimes wish I would have gone lower than the 1" drop but was super paranoid on ride quality lol.

How did the Nitto's compare to the Michelins you owned? I daily mine in Houston and drive in rain fairly often so the Michelins have been stellar.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
How did the Nitto's compare to the Michelins you owned? I daily mine in Houston and drive in rain fairly often so the Michelins have been stellar. Wouldn't want to lose too much there and I don't think the Michelins come in the rear size you listed (which sucks because the sizes you listed are pretty much what I'm shooting for).
Mine is also a dd. Have gone through rain like a champ no complaints. I cannot comment on snow or extreme cold weather as those aren't conditions we have here. But I would not hesitate to purchase the Nittos again.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
You can't go wrong with LMR's S350 or R350 wheels in 10"/11" and one of their tire sets. I have both R and S wheels for track and street and they are very good. I have 285/305 on the Ss for street and 295/305s on the Rs for track. Guaranteed fitment as well.
Sponsored