Dealer ADM unbelievable

Shipey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt.
Isn't marketing wonderful?. It can actually make someone think changing a GT green, with a bullitt name makes the angels sing.... LOL.
The 2019 Bullitt is not an option package on a GT. It carries its own unique serial number so it's a different model, as is a GT350.
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
There are at least a couple Bullitts at or below MSRP on cars.com, plus a few that are going for as much as $75k. If I wasn't close to paying mine off and not having a car payment, I'd be very tempted to fly to one of the dealers that has one and sniff around a bit.

That, and I'm waiting for the Bronco to come out, because I gotta have one of those.

JR

1966 2+2 289

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
supercharged V8 Jaguar
If you’re desperate for a Bullitt, a dealer in Fresno, CA has one in stock listed on their website with ADM of $20K. 71K + change for a 2019 Bullitt!
I ordered my Bullitt in from Tracy Ford Feb. 2018 Then the dealer demanded an extra 10K ADM for a total of 62K . So I started searching for a better deal. I found a Ruby Red GT350 at MSRP (62K) at a Ford dealer in Morgan Hill. So I drove 60 miles to get a better car for the same price. Don"t pay ADM.
Love my Red 350.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
There are at least a couple Bullitts at or below MSRP on cars.com, plus a few that are going for as much as $75k. If I wasn't close to paying mine off and not having a car payment, I'd be very tempted to fly to one of the dealers that has one and sniff around a bit.

That, and I'm waiting for the Bronco to come out, because I gotta have one of those.

JR
I just checked out a few of those Bullitts and contacted two dealers.
Both basically stated that the Bullitt will command a "big" premium over MSRP and that a list has formed.
Most local dealers are 10-15K over list.

I won't pay "big" premiums.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
This would all go away if Ford would just stop using the antiquated franchise/dealership business model and begin selling direct to the consumer.

Sponsored

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I've seen 3 Canadian dealers in Ontario looking for 2k, 5k, and 15k.
Most are asking MSRP.

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Post #6 in this thread says it's illegal for dealers in Ontario to add an ADM. What's up with this?
No idea. This was from a direct dealer quote.
It was listed as an 'adjustment' of $15,000.00
That dealer also had 3 other things listed:
-Secure-Gard $299
-Ride Green Certified $299
-Wheel Locks $99 (which we already know are on the car, but it seems they add this to all Mustang orders)

Out the door after all options,licensing, fuel, and taxes was $84, 904.66 Canadian.

Shady as ****.

Allegro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 RC GT Premium
No idea. This was from a direct dealer quote.
It was listed as an 'adjustment' of $15,000.00
That dealer also had 3 other things listed:
-Secure-Gard $299
-Ride Green Certified $299
-Wheel Locks $99 (which we already know are on the car, but it seems they add this to all Mustang orders)

Out the door after all options,licensing, fuel, and taxes was $84, 904.66 Canadian.

Shady as ****.
So much for it being illegal. Dealers who add ADMs are not on my list of places to shop and those who add garbage like wheel locks are in the same category. As of last week, my dealer here in Abbotsford B.C. has a Bullitt scheduled to arrive in early August. No ADM and no buyer waiting for it.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
LOL.....That's what Ford Performance is for. The only thing the ADM gets you that FP can't is basically dark green paint and a badge.

Sponsored

McShackett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT/CS 08 Bullitt
LOL.....That's what Ford Performance is for. The only thing the ADM gets you that FP can't is basically dark green paint and a badge.
Sooo.. the better way to go is buying a GT, then pay retail price for the upgrades on the Bullitt? I guess that lets you pick and choose, but depending on your choices and the base of the car you start with, that could easily cost more than a Bullitt with ADM. I guess if you want a cloth seat GT with Bullitt wheels, it makes sense.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Seen one $2,500 under sticker.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Bullitt's shouldn't even

That's how they should be. Virtually no car is worth paying MSRP. Bullitt included.
I never paid ADM, much less sticker.