Dealer ADM unbelievable

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
If you’re desperate for a Bullitt, a dealer in Fresno, CA has one in stock listed on their website with ADM of $20K. 71K + change for a 2019 Bullitt!
Sponsored

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
What's unbelievable? They have one here in San Diego for same price. Years ago a dealer had a GT500 KR for 135k. Its been going on forever. Some fool will pay it. Because of that it will continue.

People paid huge ADM for the 50th LE model as well makes me laugh.

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Yes, I second that .... totally believable

McShackett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT/CS 08 Bullitt
Even if they actually only get 5 or 10k ADM, asking $20k makes the fool who "negotiates" a deal down to 10K ADM feel like they've won the deal. Good for them, I guess.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Lebanon Ford has one for $5K over.

Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
On Saturday I was doing the paperwork for my car and asked about the Bullitt. I found out that in Ontario it is illegal to sell a vehicle above the MRSP listed on the sticker, so the one car that is coming into that dealership is going out the door at list (and is, not surprisingly, already sold).

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Isn't marketing wonderful?. It can actually make someone think changing a GT green, with a bullitt name makes the angels sing.... LOL.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Isn't marketing wonderful?. It can actually make someone think changing a GT green, with a bullitt name makes the angels sing.... LOL.
Ugh, here we go again. Do I need to list all the unique things about the Bullitt?

McShackett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT/CS 08 Bullitt
It does make the angels sing, babies giggle, and kittens more fluffy. The Bullitt is a unique style of Mustang. It is a welcome contrast to the badging and bling that many Mustangs have. My opinion, YMMV

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Doesn't the MSRP have a higher price compared to other models with less "unique" qualities?
Yes, it's about $1,000 more than a comparably equipped GT. And for that 1k you get a GT350 intake, GT350 Intake manifold, 87 mm throttle body, a unique tune with 20 more hp and a higher top speed of 163, along with all the other unique stuff on the exterior and interior. Not a bad deal for only 1k more.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
There never was a REAL Bullitt. Apparently, they were just a modded GT.

It's a great car, but for my money I'd rather get a GT350 or GT500. Then your getting a bit more car than a factory modded GT especially if your gonna pay ADM.

"Two identical 1968 Mustang GT fastbacks were used in the film, which debuted Oct. 17, 1968. The hero vehicle was sold by the studio to a private buyer and the other, used in so many chase scenes, went to a salvage yard. The latter vehicle resurfaced in Baja California, in early 2017, but the other was lost".

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt

It's a great car, but for my money I'd rather get a GT350 or GT500. Then your getting a bit more car than a factory modded GT especially if your gonna pay ADM.

"Two identical 1968 Mustang GT fastbacks were used in the film, which debuted Oct. 17, 1968. The hero vehicle was sold by the studio to a private buyer and the other, used in so many chase scenes, went to a salvage yard. The latter vehicle resurfaced in Baja California, in early 2017, but the other was lost".
:doh: That's like saying there was no Eleanor because the car didn't exist before the movie. Of course there wasn't a "Bullitt" version in the movie, the movie defined what the Bullitt version is. :crazy:

You're about 6 months late on the GT350 vs. Bullitt argument. GT350s are 10k more new vs. new. Sure you can buy a used one for the Bullitt price, but if you're going to compare new cars to used cars it's not a fair fight. I could buy a used Ferrari for 50k too. :headbonk:

McShackett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT/CS 08 Bullitt

"This just in..."
I would hope those on this forum already know these readily available details as they have been in every one of the countless news reports since the 2019 Bullitt reveal. (As the incomplete information you Googled doesn't say) the other car was found and revealed alongside the 2019 Bullitt. Not sure if you're serious here or not... Either way, the joke is on me for taking the bait. :headbonk:
Sponsored