Sponsored

Kona Blue 2019 Bullitt Mustang (Ford Auction for JDRF Charity)

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th
This is very similar to the one of one Woodward Dream Cruise Boss 302 Laguna Seca from 2013...the only one made in Sterling Grey, complete with “M1” (Woodward avenue hwy #) embroidered seats.

It was an awesome looking car and was built with “show car prep”.

Raffled off to support the MS Society...was a great story and effort by Ford to help the charity!

I will be buying a ticket for sure...

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51

Sponsored

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Winner responsible for income taxes (approx. 25% of vehicle value), vehicle taxes licensing, insurance, pick-up/delivery from Dearborn, MI and/or shipping of any kind

25%??? That's over 11k.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Yes, because it's a sweepstakes win, the government wants their cut and it's not just going to be sales tax, which will be paid by the actual buyer. The government always wins contests, folks. :)

It's more or less the same as lottery winnings. Could be a higher percentage depending on your income.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Winner responsible for income taxes (approx. 25% of vehicle value), vehicle taxes licensing, insurance, pick-up/delivery from Dearborn, MI and/or shipping of any kind

25%??? That's over 11k.
Thats still a lot less than MSRP.

Sponsored

ia2004anderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2

25%??? That's over 11k.
If you add federal and state taxes for me thats over 40% for winning the car. Just on the income side. Not to mention a 7.5% sales tax and i don't know how much property tax on it.

Stoughton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Bullitt
If you add federal and state taxes for me thats over 40% for winning the car. Just on the income side. Not to mention a 7.5% sales tax and i don't know how much property tax on it.
There's no sales tax as there wasn't a purchase. It's simply considered income, much like a bonus at work.

ia2004anderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
There's no sales tax as there wasn't a purchase. It's simply considered income, much like a bonus at work.
From what I can tell is you do still pay sales tax. Only thing thought that I can confirm that is with the Price is right in CA. You have to pay taxes (including Sales) before you can take the car. Some states allow you to wait till tax day others want the money right away.

Either way getting a car for about 50% or greater is still a good deal. If I won a mustang and only paid the income tax and sales tax I would be happy.

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
From what I can tell is you do still pay sales tax. Only thing thought that I can confirm that is with the Price is right in CA. You have to pay taxes (including Sales) before you can take the car. Some states allow you to wait till tax day others want the money right away.

Either way getting a car for about 50% or greater is still a good deal. If I won a mustang and only paid the income tax and sales tax I would be happy.

My thoughts exactly - when I first saw that you have to pay income tax on the car, I thought that it was crazy.

The more I thought about it, I realized that it's still a good deal. I'm constantly in the market for a Mustang, and if a dealer contacted me saying that he had a limited 1 of 1 Bullitt for half price off MSRP, I'd be speeding down to the dealer to sign off on it :)

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
Kona Bullitt just feels wrong to me. It's DHG or bust.
IMHO, this one-off Bullitt would have been something more special, more valuable, if it was the only one from the factory in DHG. Swapping it around, making kona blue a standard production color that anyone can order their Bullitt in (seems by this thread that many would).
Sponsored