Sponsored

Allocations???

Doug160

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Custom Bullitt Tribute
Can someone explain allocations to me...

I live in southeastern PA. My dealership was allocated 2 Bullitts and my wife and I ordered the first one from them back in March. A month later our dealership told us that Ford pulled all the allocations in our region and they won't get them back until January.

However, I recently found out that a dealership 30 miles away (in the same region) is still getting their allocations on time. How is this possible? Does it have something to do with dealership ratings?
Sponsored

Donyw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I went through something similar. I was told they are given alloacations by the regional general manager. It’s normally based on past selling performance at that dealer. I tried to have a mustang built last January. By March there was still no car. They promised definitely in April they would receive the allocation. But I found a car close to what I ordered next dealer over and they traded for it.

tdi140

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019
Hello forumers,

Do you know the number of BULLITT in production by country?

FRANCE: 82 cars
CANADA: 750
New Zealand :50
UK:?
AUSTRALIA:700
GERMANY:?
USA:?

etc .... for all of your countries

Who has an information on it?

Thank you
;)

Last edited:

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Australia 700 (in the initial 2019 allocation). No-one knows if we'll get any more 2019's, or any 2020's.

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Canada 750. From what I was told by a dealer.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Hello forumers,

Do you know the number of BULLITT in production by country?

FRANCE: 82 cars
CANADA:?
UK:?
AUSTRALIA:700
GERMANY:?
USA:?

etc .... for all of your countries

Who has an information on it?

Thank you
;)
I understand New Zealand is getting 50 in two shipments of 25 each

Cornbinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Velocity Blue (460 HP) '78 Lincoln (460 CID
They played the same "slap and tickle" game with my dealer and me. We ordered a Bullitt in March when my dealer was told they were allocated one. Almost immediately after the order was in the system, the region began back-peddling, initially claiming that she though we ordered a Raptor (!), they either being non-committal or not answering our replies, to finally three weeks ago emailing my dealer that none will be allocated to the Twin Cities (Minneapolis-St. Paul) region in MY2019. I think my dealer is just as P.O.'ed as I was, so we converted my order to a '19 GT coupe. Since I'm a freelance automotive writer, I even worked though a fellow journalist who's tied in close with Ford, and all the PR folks would say is that allocations are in the hands of the regions and they don't know.

Donyw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It’s a ridiculous way to do business. You have a buyer. Build the damn thing quickly and get the man his car. I’ve owned a few Mustangs over the years and dreamt about the day I could just walk into a dealer and order one. The experience was incredibly frustrating. Wouldn’t do it again.

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
No wonder Ford cant make money on cars. How can Ford make money by not selling cars to people who are willing buy a car ?

Donyw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Just looked on my dealers web page. The car I originally ordered on Dec 7, 2017, and was promised in 4-6 weeks is being delivered to them on 8/08/18. Insane. Glad I didn’t wait.
Sponsored