Sponsored

McQueen Racing Bullitt

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
I think the whole McQueen family is awesome and I wish them all the best, but I struggle to see them selling 300 of these a year. $47,500 for a base Bullitt + $21,000 for this package puts you at $68,500. :eyebulge:

I guess Shelby American is still in business and I struggle to see the value there too so there must be a market, I just don't understand it. :shrug:

Well, they're selling them in the UK and since we're also a RHD market, I guess they'll be available here in Australia (the worlds second biggest Mustang market).
Sponsored

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
I already hear (300) people canceling their “Ford” Bullitt orders and going for this, due to the McQueen authencity and nice upgrades.

The articles all say “300 per year” - but none of them say for how many years?

Total 600 over the two years. Steeda said so on FB.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I think the whole McQueen family is awesome and I wish them all the best, but I struggle to see them selling 300 of these a year. $47,500 for a base Bullitt + $21,000 for this package puts you at $68,500. :eyebulge:

I guess Shelby American is still in business and I struggle to see the value there too so there must be a market, I just don't understand it. :shrug:

I agree, its certainly not cheap. But this may well be the last opportunity to buy a Bullitt Mustang and having the additional McQueen cachet will encourage those with deep pockets.

It'd be nice if even just a small amount of profit went to the Boys Republic charity though (I didn't see reference to this, although it wouldn't surprise me if this happens anyway).

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I already hear (300) people canceling their “Ford” Bullitt orders and going for this, due to the McQueen authencity and nice upgrades.
I hope they don't cancel their orders......I suspect you'll need one for Steeda to build up from (I don't see Steeda providing the car "turn key"). Perhaps [MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION] can confirm? :)

(certainly our UK Steeda rep indicated you'd need to procure your own Bullitt first).

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
"Buying a brand image", which is what any of us are doing anyway to some degree. If I had money to throw around, I actually would have one of these as a collector. However, I don't have it to throw around, so I am good with the "plain old" Ford one :)

Sponsored

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red

Are you kidding? They will sell out in a heartbeat the first year, and be scarce the following - 300 is a TINY run and they will be in high demand.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Nice wheels.
500 hp out of the same engine? Wonder how they got another 20 hp.
Easy to do with a tune.

I had the same problem with those Shelby Super Snakes and their markups. I could just slap on a supercharger on my own car with some half shafts, and other minor upgrades still for a lot less and probably get more for my money. The nametag markups on these is ridiculous.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Are you kidding? They will sell out in a heartbeat the first year, and be scarce the following - 300 is a TINY run and they will be in high demand.
I guess we'll see. All I know is that online I've seen lots of folks already saying a regular 2019 Bullitt is pretty expensive for them. I have trouble imagining that many Bullitt buyers wanting to spend an extra 21 grand. But like I said, time will tell and I could definitely be wrong. :cheers:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
This is just another example of your typical tuner edition turn key package where you get about 10 grand worth of parts for about double the price. Not different from cars that are offered by companies like Roush or Shelby American. I too find it quite strange that people are willing to pay that kind of markup but trust me these will sell out easily, all 600 of them.

That being said I do really like this one. The Steeda suspension stuff is almost exactly what I am currently installing on my GT. And the HRE wheels will be available aftermarket as well:

"We are honored to be the wheel partner for this very special edition Mustang. The Steve McQueen Edition Designers worked closely with us to develop a fresh take on the original Bullitt Mustang design and I think we’ve captured it perfectly. We’re looking forward to adding this iconic style to our HRE FlowForm lineup later this year.” stated Alan Peltier, President of HRE Wheels."

Actually these wheels might one day turn out to be the final inspiration I need to build my own custom Bullitt clone out of a GT Automatic.

BTW last weekend at Carlisle I talked to Carl Widmann about the possibility of a 2020 Bullitt Automatic. He said he had received quite a few similar inquiries before and that he'd add my suggestion to the pile on his desk. Which obviously doesn't mean anything, but I was happy to have had a chance to meet him and discuss it.

Reactions: JWS

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
I guess we'll see. All I know is that online I've seen lots of folks already saying a regular 2019 Bullitt is pretty expensive for them. I have trouble imagining that many Bullitt buyers wanting to spend an extra 21 grand. But like I said, time will tell and I could definitely be wrong....

Reply from Steeda.....the 600 over two years will include all the export cars, so the US will be receiving less than 300 per year.

Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The wheels are cool, but I'm curious to hear what the other new parts are. Otherwise it looks like just quarter window louvers and a unique decklid. With the Bullitt edition already available, I don't see the appeal, and I'm sure it won't be cheap.
Here are the other parts you are curious about:

McQueen Racing Performance Suspension Upgrades by Steeda:
Front And Rear Sway Bars With “Welded-In-Place” Solid Billet Ends
Billet Aluminum Front and Rear Sway Bar Mounts
IRS Subframe Bushing Support System
IRS Subframe Alignment Kit
IRS Subframe Support Brace
Sport Progressive Rate Springs
Bump Steer Kit
Performance Tuned Struts & Shocks (NA with MagneRide Suspension)
Performance Wheel Alignment
Camber Plates
Ultra-Lite Chassis Jacking Rails
Extreme G-Trac K-Member Support Brace
Billet Aluminum Vertical Links
McQueen Racing Powertrain Upgrades:
McQueen Racing Cold Air Intake and Performance Tune (500hp)
McQueen Racing Shifter Knob
Tri-Ax Short Throw Shifter
Clutch Spring Assist with Perch Kit Upgrade
Black Aluminum Coolant Tank
Steve McQueen Edition Wheels by HRE (20"x10" front and 20"x11" rear) with Steve Mcqueen Edition Center Caps
Nitto NT555 G2 High Performance Tires (275/35-20 front and 315/35-20 rear)

McQueen Racing Interior Upgrades
Steve McQueen Edition Illuminated Door Sill Plates
Steve McQueen Edition Dashboard Serialization Plates
Steve McQueen Edition Floor Mats

McQueen Racing Exterior Upgrades
Aerodynamic Front Facia Enhancement Package
Rear Quarter Window Louvers
Hood Strut Kit
Engine Compartment Serialization Plate
Rear Decklid Emblem
Car Cover

Steve McQueen Edition Special Buyers Thank You Package
Letter of Authenticity
Steve McQueen Edition Engraved Key Fobs
Signed and Numbered Steve McQueen Edition Poster by Chad McQueen
Signed and Numbered Steve McQueen Edition Archival Pigment Print on Fine Art Paper by Camilo Pardo
Plus more...

Optional Equipment
Steve McQueen Edition Rear Seat Delete Kit
Steve McQueen Edition Four-Point Roll Cage (requires rear seat delete kit above)
Steve McQueen Edition Whipple Supercharger Power Upgrade - 800HP
Ford Performance Severe Duty IRS Half-Shaft Upgrade (required with supercharger upgrade)
Carbon Fiber Performance Driveshaft Assembly
Leather and Alcantara Wrapped Steering Wheel with Green Center Stripe
McQueen Racing Brake Calipers Painted Dark Charcoal with McQueen Accents in Green

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yeah, I saw that posted a few hours later when the info was shared, see Twin Turbo's post.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
I always thought these type of deals were money traps and still do. A brand new mustang gt can be bought for around 30 31 grand. With only 10 grand invested in the car you can get a same or better performance than the advertised price. The question is which one would keep the value more? Personal built, Original Bullit, or the After Market Bullit? If all lose value then whats the deal for the consumer?

Orgalorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

This.
Other than his name attached, the thing looks tacky. Those wheels belong in 1999.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
This.
Other than his name attached, the thing looks tacky. Those wheels belong in 1999.
I think you meant 1969. Its about the nostalgia. Just like in 2005 when the new GEN came out. Live and let live.
:cheers:
Sponsored