Sponsored

Dealer ADM unbelievable

Carbon Addict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Yes, it's about $1,000 more than a comparably equipped GT. And for that 1k you get a GT350 intake, GT350 Intake manifold, 87 mm throttle body, a unique tune with 20 more hp and a higher top speed of 163, along with all the other unique stuff on the exterior and interior. Not a bad deal for only 1k more.
So if Ford valued these upgrades as $1k more, why does a dealer need to add more charges?
Sponsored

RemoWilliams84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
So if Ford valued these upgrades as $1k more, why does a dealer need to add more charges?
I don't think anyone here would argue that the dealer "needs" to add more charges. They do it because they can get away with it.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Because people are willing to pay it.

RemoWilliams84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Because people are willing to pay it.
Some people. My dealer told me they were asking 10k over but they would generously give it to me for 5k over. I told them sticker or no thanks and they gave it to me for sticker.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Because it's a simple matter of supply and demand. They charge it because they know they can get it. Once they can't get it any more, they get rid of them. If everyone stood their ground and didn't pay it, ADMs wouldn't exist. The fact is, some people have money to burn and the ADMs are sustained because of it. Don't get this confused with me defending dealers, I absolutely hate ADMs personally and am only paying MSRP for mine.

Sponsored

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
It's a limited edition car, but it's not a numbers limited car. Meaning you can just go and order your own from the dealership and pay MSRP, correct? Also, it's going to be a multi-year production. The dealerships are riding the hype wave and charging ADMs to unsuspecting/impatient people.

It’s a limited edition, North America-only release, yes, but one that will be made available at every Ford dealership in Canada, according to Buzzell. (Meanwhile, the 50th anniversary-edition Bullitt will also be released in two model years—2019 and 2020—says White.)
https://thetitlemag.com/stuff-things/2019-ford-mustang-bullitt-steve-mcqueen/

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Dealerships (most) will jump on the chance to make an extra buck (or several thousand in this case), on a special edition model that is tough to source.

No doubt you could haggle them down to a much more entertainable price, although I have to admit the $20k over is fishing....deep!

It’s a got a very unique look to it with the wheels and dark green color theme, not my cup of tea, but everyone’s eyes sees something different. I’d only buy a car like this if I was planning to enjoy it in its stock form. Taking off the unique parts such as the wheels wouldn’t feel right. Most people with Mustangs tend to like to personalize them, so I would go as far as saying this car won’t appeal to most on this forum.

McShackett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT/CS 08 Bullitt
It's a limited edition car, but it's not a numbers limited car. Meaning you can just go and order your own from the dealership and pay MSRP, correct? Also, it's going to be a multi-year production. The dealerships are riding the hype wave and charging ADMs to unsuspecting/impatient people.

https://thetitlemag.com/stuff-things/2019-ford-mustang-bullitt-steve-mcqueen/
You are correct, Ford has not put a cap on production. However, currently it is allocated, which means a dealer must receive an allocation in order to get one. You can walk in and order a 2019 Bullitt, but until the dealer has an allocation for one, it will not be built. This is the same way Raptors and Shelbys work. Raptors are not "limited" as far as a number cap, but flow is regulated.

This may or may not continue into next year's run. Based on the bits of info I have heard from Ford reps, I would guess that Ford wants to sell as many as they can, but doesn't want to pump out a whole bunch of them and have them sitting on the lots covered in dirt and bird crap with a "Manager's Special!!" sign in the window waiting for someone to take it home for a 5k markdown.

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
If it’s a matter of supply and demand how come some people who ordered the Bullitt claim they will be purchasing for MSRP in the next month or two? I am sure by winter they will be MSRP for sure in the cold weather states. I know from past experience that nobody got MSRP on the GT 350 in 2015 and 2016. Now you can get a non R GT 350 for under MSRP...
There's an R under MSRP just North of me waiting for a home :thumbsup:

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
If you’re desperate for a Bullitt, a dealer in Fresno, CA has one in stock listed on their website with ADM of $20K. 71K + change for a 2019 Bullitt!

Is this common practice in the US? :crazy:

Over this side of the water it's either MSRP or usually a discount on Fords

Although there's no discount on the Bullitt right now.. I don't think dealerships are allowed to charge extra here

Sponsored

Bullitt77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 (sold)
Some people. My dealer told me they were asking 10k over but they would generously give it to me for 5k over. I told them sticker or no thanks and they gave it to me for sticker.
where’s the photo of your new Bullitt then?

OP
OP

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
Yes, it's about $1,000 more than a comparably equipped GT. And for that 1k you get a GT350 intake, GT350 Intake manifold, 87 mm throttle body, a unique tune with 20 more hp and a higher top speed of 163, along with all the other unique stuff on the exterior and interior. Not a bad deal for only 1k more.
I think the Bullit is a great deal considering all you get. I’m too damn old to be comfortable with a stick any more and would have ordered a Bullit if I could have it with the A10. But that wouldn’t be as authentic would it?

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
There's an R under MSRP just North of me waiting for a home :thumbsup:
Local dealership here in Vegas has a R for almost 100k lol. still sitting on the lot, been there for 2 months now. Another had a "limited" 2016 new for 200k stating it was the very last 2016my after we had a decent laugh on FB at the sales managers expense i cant seem to find a link for it, but they do have a non R for 81k lol

http://www.gaudinford.com/inventory...g-shelby-gt350-rwd-2d-coupe-1fa6p8jz0j5503796

White_GT_CS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
:doh: That's like saying there was no Eleanor because the car didn't exist before the movie. Of course there wasn't a "Bullitt" version in the movie, the movie defined what the Bullitt version is. :crazy:

You're about 6 months late on the GT350 vs. Bullitt argument. GT350s are 10k more new vs. new. Sure you can buy a used one for the Bullitt price, but if you're going to compare new cars to used cars it's not a fair fight. I could buy a used Ferrari for 50k too. :headbonk:
Well said. I respect the GT350 and it's an amazing car. If I was tracking, I'd get the GT350, but as a daily driver, the Bullitt is a far better vehicle.

Plus, it's at least $10K cheaper when comparing new and will be more rare if that's what you care about.
Sponsored