Sponsored

2019 Bullitt Mustang Officially Revealed at NAIAS!

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
From what I have been readiing here about the 2019 Bullitt, I think it is going to give the 1LE fits. 475 or more HP and GT350 center dash gauges will be awsum.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Germany is LHD but the engineering for RHD should already be done, unless the '18+ isn't getting that configuration. I would think if the Bullitt isn't sold outside North America, it's more because of a choice on limiting its availability as opposed to production constraints. I don't think that is the same case with this model and the marketing push. I hope everyone all over the world who wants a new Bullitt gets one!
I'm afraid the engine tweaks would require new EU emissions homologation. That is simply unaffordable for a limited number of cars. Same reason why we don't get GT350.

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I'm afraid the engine tweaks would require new EU emissions homologation. That is simply unaffordable for a limited number of cars. Same reason why we don't get GT350.
Emissions strikes again. Thanks for the clarification. I thought that hurdle would be overcome because of the work on the GT, but given the recalibration and induction system changes, I understand your comments.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I was reading this article that Tony posted on IMBOC (http://www.fordnxt.com/features/five-reasons-the-2019-bullitt-is-a-higher-caliber/) and they say there's a unique Highland Green in MyColor for the gauges which is cool but they mention the car's higher top speed of 163 and how they had to "re-do the gauges on 3 different screens". I wondered why and then I realized the regular GT digital gauges only go up to 160 mph on the speedometer, so we'll probably get one that goes up to 180 which I think will be a cool touch. Minor I know, but cool nonetheless. Also might explain why the speedo is in km/h for all the promo shots.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I was reading this article that Tony posted on IMBOC (http://www.fordnxt.com/features/five-reasons-the-2019-bullitt-is-a-higher-caliber/) and they say there's a unique Highland Green in MyColor for the gauges which is cool but they mention the car's higher top speed of 163 and how they had to "re-do the gauges on 3 different screens". I wondered why and then I realized the regular GT digital gauges only go up to 160 mph on the speedometer, so we'll probably get one that goes up to 180 which I think will be a cool touch. Minor I know, but cool nonetheless. Also might explain why the speedo is in km/h for all the promo shots.
I'm more impressed they got 8MPH(?) from a mild front end design and "15" HP. They spent apparently a lot of time on testing the PP2 front lip and rear spoiler(that's still shipping out incorrectly) and I didn't see any mention of a MPH increase. Same with the PP1 spoiler.

I wonder if the GT350 intake allows for a higher redline.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I'm more impressed they got 8MPH(?) from a mild front end design and "15" HP. They spent apparently a lot of time on testing the PP2 front lip and rear spoiler(that's still shipping out incorrectly) and I didn't see any mention of a MPH increase. Same with the PP1 spoiler.

I wonder if the GT350 intake allows for a higher redline.
Yeah well considering they're saying "at least 475 hp" and we know the 460 in the regular GT is most likely underrated already, I'd be willing to bet it's a bit more than 475. Interesting idea about the higher redline, certainly possible, especially considering they said the Bullitt will have a unique tune to take advantage of the changes. Although 7,400 rpm is plenty high enough for me already. :love:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Also, in addition to all the warning lights and automatic PRNDS on the gauge cluster in the Bullitt B-roll, it looks like this prototype is running an EcoBoost gauge cluster because it's showing a 6,500 rpm redline, so that doesn't give us any clues unfortunately lol.
Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 1.31.44 PM.jpg

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Yeah well considering they're saying "at least 475 hp" and we know the 460 in the regular GT is most likely underrated already, I'd be willing to bet it's a bit more than 475. Interesting idea about the higher redline, certainly possible, especially considering they said the Bullitt will have a unique tune to take advantage of the changes. Although 7,400 rpm is plenty high enough for me already. :love:
Did a quick Google, the Power Pack 3 (basically what the Bullitt is getting, GT350 intake/TB/Manifold) includes a tune to take the redline to 7500 on the Gen 2 5.0. So it may be the same or a little bit more.

Last edited:

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
The old "underrated hp" of the 1960's doesnt really play these days with manufacturers using sae certified hp numbers. I have yet to read of a 2018 GT engine being taken out of a car and run on an engine dyno.

UAmach is dead on with Power Pak 3 at the heart of the Bullitt but i would caution on one point. Go to Ford's info on the Power Pak 3... they are talking 37 hp increase at base with up to 60 at 7500 rpm. That would push it to 497 - 520.

We WILL NOT see that in the Bullitt. Although Ford could do so it would require the car to be 91 gas ONLY and that will not happen. Folks will end up using 87 and that may result in engine/warranty issues. Especially if the Bullitt engine mods were to go mainstream in future GTs.

What Ford is doing is using the Power Pak 3 parts and then tuning a little softer so 87 can be used, just not recommended. This will also leave the door open for post sale by Ford for the full PP 3 tune for those willing to go 91 fuel only.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
The old "underrated hp" of the 1960's doesnt really play these days with manufacturers using sae certified hp numbers. I have yet to read of a 2018 GT engine being taken out of a car and run on an engine dyno.

UAmach is dead on with Power Pak 3 at the heart of the Bullitt but i would caution on one point. Go to Ford's info on the Power Pak 3... they are talking 37 hp increase at base with up to 60 at 7500 rpm. That would push it to 497 - 520.

We WILL NOT see that in the Bullitt. Although Ford could do so it would require the car to be 91 gas ONLY and that will not happen. Folks will end up using 87 and that may result in engine/warranty issues. Especially if the Bullitt engine mods were to go mainstream in future GTs.

What Ford is doing is using the Power Pak 3 parts and then tuning a little softer so 87 can be used, just not recommended. This will also leave the door open for post sale by Ford for the full PP 3 tune for those willing to go 91 fuel only.
Yes but they are comparing the pre 18 mani to the GT350, we are comparing the 18+. It's going to be less gains, which is why I didn't mention them.

All previous "special" models were 91+ recommended.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt

There's lots of companies that underrate horsepower to keep the numerical margins where they need to be marketing wise. BMW has been famous for this in recent memory with many of their vehicles putting out more power than claimed. Porsche is another.

Regular 2018 GTs are already putting down 415-425 at the wheels, meaning they could be up as high as ~490 at the crank already depending on what drivetrain loss percentage you'd like to use. Either way it's safe to say 460 is a conservatively low number. All of Ford's claims are using 93 octane I believe. EcoBoost only makes about 280 hp on 87 for example IIRC with the 310 number being on 93 or 91. The tunes just dial back the power if it detects less than 93. I'm sure the Bullitt's 475 turns into 450 on 87.