Car & Driver November Issue: Full EB PP Road Test

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Car & Driver apparently kept the orange EB PP they had at press day and did a full road test on it. It's the cover car of the November issue (arrived at my house yesterday), with a full write-up inside. Straight line performance numbers are the same (13.9 @ 94) but they are showing 0.96g on their skid pad. Pretty good. Observed 19 mpg, right on the EPA City number, which is pretty typical of C/D no matter the car.

Overall a very positive write-up, with the only downers being the engine's "slow to rev" nature and a back seat which they found smaller than the outgoing car.

I can't find this write-up on their web site yet, so no link yet. I will edit when it becomes available, or one of you may beat me to that.

The First Drive review from press day is referenced by Spartan below, but that is not the November road test.
Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Car & Driver apparently kept the orange EB PP they had at press day and did a full road test on it. It's the cover car of the November issue (arrived at my house yesterday), with a full write-up inside. Straight line performance numbers are the same (13.9 @ 94) but they are showing 0.96g on their skid pad. Pretty good. Observed 19 mpg, right on the EPA City number, which is pretty typical of C/D no matter the car.

Overall a very positive write-up, with the only downers being the engine's "slow to rev" nature and a back seat which they found smaller than the outgoing car.

I can't find this write-up on their web site yet, so no link yet. I will edit when it becomes available, or one of you may beat me to that.
This one?

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-ford-mustang-ecoboost-automatic-test-review

OP
OP
Old 5 Oh

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT

petraman

Now with more MPGs!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf
Was the one in the new article an automatic? (like the first one) I really wish someone would do an instrumented test of a manual PP ecoboost.

jrease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
If it's a good write up maybe you could you scan or take pics and post it up?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Old 5 Oh

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Was the one in the new article an automatic? (like the first one) I really wish someone would do an instrumented test of a manual PP ecoboost.
Yes, appeared to be the same loaded Competition Orange EB PP AT, all $38K of it. I agree, it would be good to see the MT tested. Seems like Ford is making only AT PPs available. Given that it's a turbo, my guess is it's measurably faster than the manual. Turbos like ATs since you never lift off the throttle and never let the turbine slow at all. We'll see.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Nope. That's the first-drive review. The road test is a different and more thorough article (with no talk of Audi A5s), but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same car.
Take a picture of the article and post it please so we can read it.

petraman

Now with more MPGs!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf
I believe TFL had a manual PP, so I know they were out there. I guess it was just first come first serve.

Sponsored

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang, 15 Mustang GT PP, 13 F150 FX4
I just went to the local grocery store to read it

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name