Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
Did the install yesterday.

Steeda irs subframe support bushings
Steeda differential bushings red

Good and bad.

First the bad. The instructions from steeda are a little rough. Or I'm a complete dummy. Took me multiple times of reading and then watching videos to make sure I was putting the parts in the right places.

Good. I could probably install in the 45 min time now that I know where everything goes.

More good. Took the car out and no difference ride noise or harshness.

More gooder. :) Launch and first to second shift very very minimum wheel hop on the street!!!!! Super happy. Actually spins a bit more which is fine that tells me that the rear is more solid to the ground. If that makes sense.

Overall super happy and can't wait to hit the drag strip! Thank you steeda!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP
Sweet! I am going this route once I determine Spring and Strut / Shock set-up...Thanks.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Congrats Viperbluecobra! I'm betting the install confusion was around the front differential bushing supports? It took me a while to figure that out too. You take 1 bolt out from the back and put 2 bolts in opposite directions to hold the bushing supports. I wish it would have said that. Like you though, I'm very impressed. I went with the red set too. At the same time, I did the vertical links and have no wheel hop now.

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Are the aluminum bushings supposed to sit parallel with each other?

OP
OP

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took the picture before re-attaching the rear subframe so it was leaning.

Sponsored

Dark Horse GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Black PP
Good to hear...going to order soon!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Are the aluminum bushings supposed to sit parallel with each other?
Yes, like the picture above. They are notched and the directions for these are very good describing how they go in. The aluminum bushing that separates was a lot of fun getting into position. ;)

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Did the install yesterday.

Steeda irs subframe support bushings
Steeda differential bushings red

Good and bad.

First the bad. The instructions from steeda are a little rough. Or I'm a complete dummy. Took me multiple times of reading and then watching videos to make sure I was putting the parts in the right places.

Good. I could probably install in the 45 min time now that I know where everything goes.

More good. Took the car out and no difference ride noise or harshness.

More gooder. :) Launch and first to second shift very very minimum wheel hop on the street!!!!! Super happy. Actually spins a bit more which is fine that tells me that the rear is more solid to the ground. If that makes sense.

Overall super happy and can't wait to hit the drag strip! Thank you steeda!
Thanks for your feedback, I've relayed the instruction clarity to the team. Glad you're enjoying the mod!

Choking_Victim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT PP
Instructions are a bit vague I agree... I'm gearing up to install sub braces ,vertical links and diff bushings. Have already installed bushing support system(2 piece horse shoe) was a bitch to get around even with tons of grease. For those who have done diff bushings did you remove exhaust or did u have enough room? Gonna install the black ones..shouldn't be any noticeable NVH with black over red as they are not that much harder. I got zero NVH with the tranny bushing also. Looking forward to murdering the wheel hop.

Last edited:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Instructions are a bit vague I agree... I'm gearing up to install sub braces ,vertical links and diff bushings. Have already installed bushing support system(2 piece horse shoe) was a bitch to get around even with tons of grease. For those who have done diff bushings did you remove exhaust or did u have enough room? Gonna install the black ones..shouldn't be any noticeable NVH with black over red as they are not that much harder. I got zero NVH with the tranny bushing also. Looking forward to murdering the wheel hop.
I didn't remove the exhaust but that would have made it SO much easier. I dropped it down right to the exhaust, enough to get the wrench on there but I could only move the wrench 1/13 of a turn, took a while but I'm patient. :headbonk:

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so neither one of you have noticed any gear whine?
I think so. But I don't know if I just noticed it because I was listening or if it just started.

Interesting. It's very faint and not there all the time.

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
I installed the black bushings, no noticeable increase in noise.

And yeah, the instructions took a bit of study, holding them up while laying under the car to figure out what exactly was going on.

Dropping the exhaust would have made it a lot easier.

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My aluminum diff bushings showed up yesterday, and ya those instructions kind of suck. Was hoping I could find some better ones online. Cant find any install videos for the Diff bushings.. anyone have any links?
Sponsored