Sponsored

Borla Atak H Pipe

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red
Has anyone installed the Borla Atak system with an H pipe? Every video I seem to find is with the X pipe. I tried searching but was unable to find anything. If this was already posted please let me know
Sponsored

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
I want to see this as well. I might swap my roush AB for the ATAK at some point down the line.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I am definitely a fan of H pipe over X pipe... X is too raspy.

OP
OP
nrothaar

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am definitely a fan of H pipe over X pipe... X is too raspy.
Exactly how I feel especially with this system. I like how loud it is but seems a little raspy. Was hoping the H would help with that

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Here is a good video showing the difference in sound between just x and h resonator deletes.

[ame]

Sponsored

OP
OP
nrothaar

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is a good video showing the difference in sound between just x and h resonator deletes.

Great comparison thank you for this!

OP
OP
nrothaar

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I just emailed Borla and they have informed me that an H pipe cannot be custom ordered with the atak system and that they use X pipes because they are better for the straight-through free flowing mufflers. Is this true? I thought they offered the H pipe system before but it's definitely not on the site anymore. Should an H pipe not be used for this setup?

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I read a few extensive tests on the performance differences between X and H pipes and it seems on an average V8 engine an X is worth between 2 and 4 more HP, but that's the extent of it. Borla's point was probably for that reason, a little extra power even though insignificant.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
2 HP out of 435 is not much. Love the sounds of the H-systems, not so much with the X-systems.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I read a few extensive tests on the performance differences between X and H pipes and it seems on an average V8 engine an X is worth between 2 and 4 more HP, but that's the extent of it. Borla's point was probably for that reason, a little extra power even though insignificant.

I would trade 5 hp any day of the week to not have to deal with the raspiness of an x-pipe. :paddle:

H-pipes Forevah!! :headbang:

Sponsored
OP
OP
nrothaar

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys I appreciate the replies! Ya I'm definitely going to go with the H pipe if the difference is that minimal. Currently looking at the lethal resonator delete H pipe with the AB borla atak if that is all that I need. Does anyone know what the easiest/cheapest way to do this would be without cutting? As of now I'm looking at just ordering the Cat-back system and replacing the X-pipe with an H-pipe but that seems like a waste as I cannot find the pipe between the H-pipe and mufflers sold separately.

Does anyone know where the over-axle pipe can be found? I'm going to send Borla another email to see if this pipe can be sold separately.

Last edited:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I would trade 5 hp any day of the week to not have to deal with the raspiness of an x-pipe. :paddle:

H-pipes Forevah!! :headbang:
X-Pipes do not create rasp. If you have a raspy exhaust with an x-pipe, it will still be raspy with an h-pipe. I did this with two separate exhaust setups as proof. My current S-Type with longtubes and custom h-pipe is still raspy as hell.

Does anyone know where the over-axle pipe can be found? I'm going to send Borla another email to see if this pipe can be sold separately.

Use your stock pipes.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
X-Pipes do not create rasp. If you have a raspy exhaust with an x-pipe, it will still be raspy with an h-pipe. I did this with two separate exhaust setups as proof. My current S-Type with longtubes and custom h-pipe is still raspy as hell.

Use your stock pipes.
I guess it is subjective... but I have listened to many many videos and listened in person. In my opinion, the x-pipe exhausts have a higher pitched "rasp"(maybe rasp is the wrong word?)

The h-pipes have a deeper tone to them. According to my ears anyway. I prefer the deeper tones to the higher pitched screamers.

OP
OP
nrothaar

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Use your stock pipes.
Won't using stock pipes require cutting to install the H pipe and axle back?

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I guess it is subjective... but I have listened to many many videos and listened in person. In my opinion, the x-pipe exhausts have a higher pitched "rasp"(maybe rasp is the wrong word?)

The h-pipes have a deeper tone to them. According to my ears anyway. I prefer the deeper tones to the higher pitched screamers.
I agree that the sound is subjective, but getting a deeper tone is more to do with the mufflers than the crossover. If you exhaust system is loud, it has a better chance at being raspy.

Won't using stock pipes require cutting to install the H pipe and axle back?

You need to cut the pipes to install the h-pipe anyway.
Sponsored