Sponsored

Change color for button light

PonyFresh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecobooost
Hey guys does anybody has any way to change the color for the button light? The color of the buttons is set to factory ice blue and MyColor doesn't work for the buttons. A uniform color must be perfect so I wonder if anybody has done this? Thanks!
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
They can't change.
Just change the ambient and gauge lights to ice blue, and your sense of uniformity will be met.

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys does anybody has any way to change the color for the button light? The color of the buttons is set to factory ice blue and MyColor doesn't work for the buttons. A uniform color must be perfect so I wonder if anybody has done this? Thanks!
Besides changing out all the LEDS to the color you want. Lots of work and I'm sure you run the risk of ruining electrical boards and such as it would take some soldering work. Seen some really cool custom work like that years ago on some cars...really makes it unique.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Tasteā„¢
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Besides changing out all the LEDS to the color you want. Lots of work and I'm sure you run the risk of ruining electrical boards and such as it would take some soldering work. Seen some really cool custom work like that years ago on some cars...really makes it unique.
This. I've seen it done once before in a Fiesta a few years back, but it was for SEMA and these days you're looking at dozens of micro-sized surface mounted LEDs. Not impossible, just insanely tedious and difficult. Over 9000.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I changed every LED in my Mercury Sable to blue back in the early 2000s, but dude, it's not worth it. Desoldering every. single. LED. sucks. Soldering in new LEDs sucks. Bad LEDs suck. LEDs that fail after a couple weeks suck. Don't do it.

JR

Sponsored

OP
OP

PonyFresh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecobooost
They can't change.
Just change the ambient and gauge lights to ice blue, and your sense of uniformity will be met.
Well, can't deny it's a way to make a uniform look :D

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
This. I've seen it done once before in a Fiesta a few years back, but it was for SEMA and these days you're looking at dozens of micro-sized surface mounted LEDs. Not impossible, just insanely tedious and difficult. Over 9000.

OVER 9000!!

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Tasteā„¢
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)

black1985gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT premium
I was curious as to why they decided not to put multi color options in from the factory. I resorted to leaving everything Ice Blue for uniformities sake. I'd love to have the orange or a shade of red but I'm not about to swap out all of those LED's.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Tasteā„¢
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
I was curious as to why they decided not to put multi color options in from the factory. I resorted to leaving everything Ice Blue for uniformities sake. I'd love to have the orange or a shade of red but I'm not about to swap out all of those LED's.
Simple, cost. Not just the LEDs themselves, but building more complex circuit paths into things like window switches, etc. which could also mean more wires (a control wire on top of a standard pos/neg connection,for example).
Sponsored