Sponsored

Anyone remove their stock EB spoiler?

Skymack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ecoboost premium w/50th anniv. pkg, '04 Mach 1
I have a 2015 ecoboost with the 50th anniversary package and I'm wanting to eventually remove my spoiler. All of the spoilers I see say they cover the holes left from the GT spoiler but none of them say anything about the ecoboost spoiler. Does anyone know if the holes are in the same place for the ecoboost spoiler and the GT one? Also, what spoiler did you get and did it cover the holes?

Here's the spoiler I'm talking about:

https://www.bigwormgraphix.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/mus6-spoiler-eco-v6.jpg

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Yeah, I removed it before my car was even built :D (part of the Performance Pack is the spoiler delete...)

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I have a 2015 ecoboost with the 50th anniversary package and I'm wanting to eventually remove my spoiler. All of the spoilers I see say they cover the holes left from the GT spoiler but none of them say anything about the ecoboost spoiler. Does anyone know if the holes are in the same place for the ecoboost spoiler and the GT one? Also, what spoiler did you get and did it cover the holes?

Here's the spoiler I'm talking about:

https://www.bigwormgraphix.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/mus6-spoiler-eco-v6.jpg

Thanks in advance!
Ecoboost and GT have exact same spoiler, exact same holes. The stock spoiler I'm referring to is the blade spoiler. What a PITA to take off though. The glue or paste they used is strong stuff and takes a lot of elbow grease to get off.

I went with the GT350 track pack spoiler. It is classy, looks good, and goes well with the black decklid.

****NOTE**** Not every spoiler has the exact same mounting pattern. Ford produced spoilers do, but aftermarket is a crapshoot. You have to ask to make sure. Some use tape and studs, some use just tape, depends.

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
It also leaves 9 holes that if you don't select the correct replacement will leave one or two visible that will have to be plugged or filled. ( I tried the plugs they look like crap.)

Sponsored

OP
OP

Skymack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It also leaves 9 holes that if you don't select the correct replacement will leave one or two visible that will have to be plugged or filled. ( I tried the plugs they look like crap.)
Nine?? Damn, I knew there could be up to 4, but didn't think that many. Did you have the same spoiler as the one in the picture I posted?

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
Yep (If I recall right 9, might be 7 though) they are small and most get covered with new spoilers. In my case I installed a wing and it left two holes open and they looked like crap with plugs so I had them filled and paint matched.

OP
OP

Skymack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep (If I recall right 9, might be 7 though) they are small and most get covered with new spoilers. In my case I installed a wing and it left two holes open and they looked like crap with plugs so I had them filled and paint matched.
Which spoiler did you go with? I'm thinking about the gt350 track pack spoiler.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Which spoiler did you go with? I'm thinking about the gt350 track pack spoiler.
I have the track pack spoiler on mine. It's been installed for several months now. If you have the blade spoiler on yours now, it's a perfect fit. I don't know what this guy is talking about saying extra holes. As long as you have a blade spoiler on your ecoboost or GT from the factory, the track pack spoiler is a direct fit, plug and play.
Sponsored