Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Zeke.Malvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach1
Yes my wife and I sat in the red one 2 days ago at Kansas City auto show and then sat in a 2017. much less hood in view and ford rep said at least 485 hp. 485-495 is what they said. car looks awesome in person and is easily compared to current models sitting 30 feet away. magnaride will be around $2000 option.
I'm not doubting that's what he told you, but I bet he's full of crap.
Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
+2..no way on 485-495.. That's laughable.
Though it's unlikely and the rep was probably exaggerating, I wouldn't say it's impossible. It'll likely gain no less than 40 horsepower based on numerous other engines that switched to direct injection. That puts it at 475 horsepower. That doesn't take into account the larger bore, better flowing heads, better flowing intake manifold, higher redline, and reduced friction. I think it's safe to say those could be good for another 10-20 horsepower by conservative estimates. That puts it at 485-495 horsepower. These numbers aren't absolute but you can see how a 485-495 horsepower Coyote could be possible.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Though it's unlikely and the rep was probably exaggerating, I wouldn't say it's impossible. It'll likely gain no less than 40 horsepower based on numerous other engines that switched to direct injection. That puts it at 475 horsepower. That doesn't take into account the larger bore, better flowing heads, better flowing intake manifold, higher redline, and reduced friction. I think it's safe to say those could be good for another 10-20 horsepower by conservative estimates. That puts it at 485-495 horsepower. These numbers aren't absolute but you can see how a 485-495 horsepower Coyote could be possible.
The 2016 Camaro gained 29 hp with its switch to direct injection. It too has better flowing heads, better flowing intake and a completely new architecture. There really isn't any "safe to say" about anything.

Sponsored

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Jesus 485 you people are on crack . Ford gave its hints and 455 seems like a fair number . 495 almost fell out of my chair lol they will not raise it that much

Lucky13Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Purple
I hope he's right! I was getting out of the car and said it sucked it was only getting bumped up to 455 hp and he laughed and said oh no 485 minimum!
Come on Ford:ford:

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
Jesus 485 you people are on crack . Ford gave its hints and 455 seems like a fair number . 495 almost fell out of my chair lol they will not raise it that much
Maybe it's you that's on crack thinking that Ford is dropping you hints about the new Mustang's power in a picture. :lol:

455 isn't a fair number. That would be a 20 horsepower bump from a whole new engine which would only match the Camaro's horsepower.

Bucknasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully Soon
I think the new changes are great. Now I'm trying to decide between an 18 GT PP or an SS 1LE at the end of the year. Ford just made this a really tough choice! I think the new 5.0 will come in right around 460, just to one up the Camaro.

My question is, will the new PP come with wider tires than the 255/275's on the current PP? Sorry if this has already been answered, I couldn't find it on the release page.

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Check out the visibility from the driver's seat in the Camaro before you make your decision. For me, that was a determining factor that pushed me to the Mustang GT PP. Plus I liked the Mustang styling much better...

Sponsored

Jenkins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car
I think the new changes are great. Now I'm trying to decide between an 18 GT PP or an SS 1LE at the end of the year. Ford just made this a really tough choice! I think the new 5.0 will come in right around 460, just to one up the Camaro.

My question is, will the new PP come with wider tires than the 255/275's on the current PP? Sorry if this has already been answered, I couldn't find it on the release page.
I'm in the same boat. I rented a Camaro for a week to see how I mesh with it in my day to day routine. My experience is the complaints about visibility are overrated. My wife preferred the interior on the mustang so we'll see if the 18GT closes the small performance gap.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Mr. Wolf, top of the mornin to ya. As I have a mate that resides in Beanacre, Wiltshire goes by the name of Dale, I'd ask ya if the roads there are suited for a pony car or BMW sportscar? Dale really likes the bimmer's and as he and his lovely wife are to holiday in america here soon what are the local topic's of interest in Wiltshire,U.K. Cheers!

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I was a vocal critic of the new front design.

But I have seen the car upfront & from afar. Trying to hate on the front, but with the eye, the front has more presence, because it is wider. Photos don't work. Walking around the car helps.

The 2018's have more presence. The Pony has become a bit more exotic/refined?, and has side-eye grabbing attention, kinda subtle like the Jaguar. Plus, the new 5.0 sounds much better too.

I am soo stoked.
Glad I waited all this long and didn't & didn't pull the trigger on that 2015 GT350. The BMW is gone & MY2018 Mustang is going to replace it.

Now which one...?

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT

I've looked at high resolution Ford and media pictures and videos of PP 18's with both the current and apparently optional new style PP wheels. All show the new Michelin tires in 255/40x19 F and 275/40x19 R.
Sponsored