Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
No but there was some torque thrust type
Those are a darker version of the same 18" Foundry wheels available from 15-17. I went out to the garage to look at mine and the outer parts on mine are light grey where the ones in that gif are nearly black. Looks good. I think any special edition wheels will be exclusive to those models, which is why they aren't shown as optional wheels for the standard 18s.
Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Why is that? I will have had my car for 3 years now. Enjoying it since the day I bought it in 2014.

It is pretty modded, too. Full suspension, big, wide wheels with wide, sticky tires, adjustable dampers, pushing 460RWHP all NA with more to come in the next couple of months when I get my L&M cams and my Holley Sniper ported (should be 480-490RWHP/375RWTQ). Took many trips up and down the East coast. Meet a ton of people from here, Instagram and our local Atlanta S550 club. Took 1st place in the GT class at Ford Nationals in Carlisle last year. All this stuff that would've never happened if I had waited for another revision of the S550.

No doubt the '18MY is going to be a sweet car with MRC and some other changes. You could not pay me to go back and skip on my 2015 S550 custom order. Following the order process on these boards back in 2014 was AMAZING. Those that did the same as me will confirm this, too. Tracking the car in the build, getting the VIN, following the rail cars, etc.
LOL I'm with you. I've loved this car since the day I ordered it. And I've been in countless car shows & drag races in it over the last 3 years. Winning 95% of those. That reply was a little smug about 15-17 owners. I wont be trading my 15 because I've modded my car to be better then an 18 already. So guys that run out and the buy the 18s. Don't look down your nose to much at the older cars. I also held onto my 95GT. That car is over 20 years old. And trust me. You don't wanna line up next to that old relic!:D But I do say wait if your not a current owner. The stuff in the 18 sounds awesome!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
So you can look at more than one at a time and not have to pause the slideshow on twitter.
2018 Mustang wheel 01.png
2018 Mustang wheel 02.png
2018 Mustang wheel 03.png
2018 Mustang wheel 04.png
2018 Mustang wheel 05.png
2018 Mustang wheel 06.png
2018 Mustang wheel 07.png
2018 Mustang wheel 08.png
2018 Mustang wheel 09.png
2018 Mustang wheel 10.png
2018 Mustang wheel 11.png
2018 Mustang wheel 12.png

Sponsored

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
So you can look at more than one at a time and not have to pause the slideshow on twitter.
Thanks for putting that together.

Top row, furthest right :headbang:
Agreed....assuming the post format is the same for both of us, we're looking at the double 5-spokes from the performance package, right? IIRC, they're forged/19x9.5, right? I'll go for whatever is the lightest/widest.

Honestly, all of the wheel styles look OK to me, none of them look amazing. The best S550 wheels so far are the GT350s variants. I just wish it was possible to get a similar offset/style on a GT.

The best car is always two or three years down the road if your waiting to get the best car you'll never buy a car. The best Mustang ever made is here Now!
I actually agree with this. If you're going to buy a car, you have to accept that almost without fail, something better will come along within a year or two. It was like this from the 1950s straight through until the '74 model year (when the industry officially went down the toilet for a while)...and it started happening again in the 80s. It's an intentionally designed consumer treadmill that you have to either commit to a constant outpouring of cash to keep up with it...or you can step off and focus on appreciating what you have.

What I don't appreciate is when people on forums become zealots and allow this self-protecting/cognitive dissonance instinct to translate into internet arguments. The best of us can still like and stick with what we bought while also admiring what has come along and made our current cars obsolete.

The fact is that you can always spend more money to get something better. Most of us here are savvy enough to get a decent deal on whatever model year we bought at the time we bought it...there's no wrong answer. From what I've seen, nobody here should regret what they bought.

Then again, there are the poor 2010 people. :(

Last edited:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
#2 and #5 are looking pretty good. Hoping both are forged aluminum.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 Mustang
Thanks for putting that together.

Agreed....assuming the post format is the same for both of us, we're looking at the double 5-spokes from the performance package, right? IIRC, they're forged/19x9.5, right? I'll go for whatever is the lightest/widest.
Those are 19" forged, but I don't think the widths have been released. Based on Ford's picture below, it shows a 255 tire on the front. I'd assume it uses the same staggered wheel/tire combo as the PP package.

sCoyiIo.png

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

When it comes from the factory, the widest wheels are usually the heaviest.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
When it comes from the factory, the widest wheels are usually the heaviest.
That is generally true but these are specifically noted as being forged, no? These might be an exception.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Top row, furthest right :headbang:
The problem with those is that they are too thin, they just look like generic 5 star wheels someone bought off of Summit Racing to put on their Mustang. No bueno.

The 4th down on the right column would be my pick if they were 19", but they appear to be 18" and are probably the standard wheel on a Premium car (which is fine by me as the previous premium 18" were fugly). All in all, none of these wheels look 'amazing' to me. They either look great but are too small, or are a good design with the wrong color. I wish Ford would get away from the "Luster Nickel" finish on wheels.

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
It will be interesting to see which wheels you can get with the PP.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
That is generally true but these are specifically noted as being forged, no? These might be an exception.

Even the base GT350 wheels weigh a ton. Factory wheels will always be super heavy relative to the aftermarket options. The GT350R is the only exception, with them being the first mass production CF wheels other than Koenigsegg. Even the factory GT500 forged wheels were over 30lbs.
Sponsored