Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hi Everyone,

Not sure if I am posting in the right place, but I am planning on installing an oil pressure gauge into a base GT. Meaning the car does have any gauges and I wanted to know where do I install the electric sender? Pictures or a description for a noob will help :D

I managed to install a boost gauge before, but never touch an oil pressure gauge install before.

For others who may ask about it later, I will ultimately end up with dual Aeroforce gauges, one Prosport Evo Boost gauge, and the Prosport Evo Oil Pressure gauge. Let me know if these gauges are more than enough for a supercharger or if I need some other readings. Thanks!
Sponsored

al3x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I believe there needs to be an oil filter adapter to where the gauge connects to. Subbing for any real answers because I couldn't find more than that when I looked into it

OP
OP
Mootang

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I believe there needs to be an oil filter adapter to where the gauge connects to. Subbing for any real answers because I couldn't find more than that when I looked into it
From what I found out so far, the Prostort Evo will provide the tubing and fittings, but it may not necessary fit the Mustang. So maybe some other connector will work. The other thing the Prosport sell too is a filter adaptor as you mentioned that provides 4 holes for other gauges. I just need to call them and see which adaptor will fit the Mustang as there are two on their site that fits various Ford models. I would not have to sue an adaptor because it causes the filter to stick out more (but I am not sure how the filter is attached right now as I haven't done an oil change yet). I am still looking into it and will update this thread as I progress.

OP
OP
Mootang

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
There are can bus gauges that use the data from your OBD port. The gauge would just read off of that eliminating at plumbing at the engine.
I am hoping the Aeroforce Gauges will display it, but not sure if it will display PSI or words "Low, Normal, and High" or if it will display at all? The setup I will have will be a 3 pod center dash and one middle vent gauge. 2 of the 3 gauge will be Aeroforces, one boost gauge to fill the 3rd slot in the dash. The vent gauge is where I am stuck at either putting an oil pressure, or something else useful.

Sponsored

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Just installed the mechanical oil pressure. Removed OEM sensor by oil filter installed a npt T then reinstalled OEM oil sensor and used other port in T for my new proSport gage.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mootang

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Just installed the mechanical oil pressure. Removed OEM sensor by oil filter installed a npt T then reinstalled OEM oil sensor and used other port in T for my new proSport gage.
Oh niceee! Only thing, you are a Premium and mines is Base. So, will I even have the OEM sensor by the oil filter (I haven't slid under the car to look yet). Also, when you purchased your Prosport gauge, did it come with the npt T and their own oil sensor? Thanks!!

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
You should have same sensor as mine. I got the npt T and pipe close nipple from O Rielly. When I removed sensor a little oil came out just have a rag it's not much.

OP
OP
Mootang

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
You need a T with 1 male and 2 female ends. Screw the male end back into the block where you removed OEM sensor. Screw sensor into T in same line / direction as removed and then screw gage into T at 90 degrees. This is where I needed a close nipple to connect. A bushing came with my gage like in your photo and I used it to do from 1/8-1/4" at the T for gage.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mootang

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
You need a T with 1 male and 2 female ends. Screw the male end back into the block where you removed OEM sensor. Screw sensor into T in same line / direction as removed and then screw gage into T at 90 degrees. This is where I needed a close nipple to connect. A bushing came with my gage like in your photo and I used it to do from 1/8-1/4" at the T for gage.
hmmm, I think I got it. I will have to wait for my gauges to come in and the rainy forecast to pass first before I can try it out. I'll try to remember to take some photos and post it here for others too. Thank you for all the help!

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Good luck let me know if you have any questions. Pretty simple install.

OP
OP
Mootang

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So there is finally so good weather here. This is what I got to see near the oil filter. I circled the OEM pressure gauge (I am assuming this is it). Am I right?

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Yes, remove that, install a npt T, reinstall the OEM sensor in the same plane and then the oil gage @ 90 degrees with the T. Piece of cake.

1380KPOI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Poi Boy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
What happened with the installation photos?
Sponsored