350R Spoiler Questions

sidneyvega

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sidney
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I want to get either a fiberglass or a carbon fiber GT350R spoiler for my pony. It would look great, imo, with my Roush Front Fascia. Anderson Composites makes a great option.

Let's say I didn't care about pricing. I have several concerns (I'll probably call the company, but while I wait for the update on Sync 3, there are other things to talk about too). The following questions come to mind:

1] Can the Carbon Fiber be painted black (to match my car)
2] Are the sizes of the carbonfiber/fiberglass the same as the OEM?
3] How would one get an OEM spoiler like that, and can they be painted? See Fig.1 (I think this was a prototype for the reveal)
4] If I could get my hands on the OEM and it is NOT already painted, can it too be painted as in Question 1?

Fig 1:
http://carbuzzard.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/GT350R-rear.jpg

Fiber Glass:
http://andersoncomposites.com/colle...t-350-r-style-mustang-fiberglass-rear-spoiler

Carbon Fiber:
http://andersoncomposites.com/colle...fiber-rear-spoiler-for-2015-2016-ford-mustang
Sponsored

Beith Performance Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.beithperformanceparts.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Let me answer those questions for you:

1) Yes you could have a carbon spoiler painted black
2) The only company offering a copy of the OEM GT350R spoiler that is the exact same dimensions and mounting points is Carbon2Carbon. They are a vendor on this forum.
3) OEM GT350R wings are very hard to source and super expensive.
4) The OEM R wing only comes painted gloss black, so you would not need to paint it.

Anderson Composites wing is a nice quality piece, and offers a cost-effective alternative to the OEM GT350R wing from Ford :)

Last edited:

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
Let me answer those questions for you:

1) Yes you could have a carbon spoiler painted black
2) The only company offering a copy of the OEM GT350R spoiler that is the exact same dimensions and mounting points is Carbon2Carbon. They are a vendor on this forum.
3) OEM GT350R wings are very hard to source and super expensive.
4) The OEM R wing only comes painted gloss black, so you would not need to paint it.

Anderson Composites wing is a nice quality piece, and offers a cost-effective alternative to the OEM GT350R wing from Ford :)

Just picked our new Mustang up on Friday.... Had the Anderson Composite spoiler fitted... Carbon Fibre painted Black to go with my Shadow Black paint... Awesome result :D:D:D Great product...!
Save
Save
_37I1672R.jpg

hulk_smash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Did you not like the exposed carbon?