Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Why? So the value of the GT350 stays high? Look at the Boss 302, they were only a 2 year run and you can buy one in the mid $20k range now. Mustangs simply do not hold their value, even the special editions. With that being said, the 350R will probably hold its value well because of the exclusivity, but I doubt it will actually appreciate from its MSRP price over the next several years or so.

Also, isn't it ironic for someone with such a heavily modified car to be worried about value? Even if you put it back to stock, if someone (i.e. anyone on this forum) knew the mods that were on your car, they would likely pass on your car if they were looking for a used GT350.[/quote

Where the hell did I say anything about value? No where did I even mention the word value. Relax.
Excuse the hell out of me if I don't want the GT350 to be a continuation of runs year after year. I could care less if my cars value drops, anyone who buys any car as an investment is insane.
You don't even own a GT350 anyhow.
Some people, probably like yourself are just waiting for the GT500 to come out hoping to get a GT350 for a lesser price. That's fine. But I proudly paid a $5000 adm and I'm ok with that because I wanted the car. Will I ever get what I paid for my car? Nope. Do I care? Nope. And before you go spouting off at the mouth again about what I do with or to my car, the same can be said about the people that track their cars bone stock. I will guarantee you this, you won't find a nicer, cleaner, car then mine if I were to sell it.
Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Sorry low Mileage 13 boss 302's are no way mid $20K's . Most boss 302's have low miles. Find one and I'll buy it no green or blue. The terminators with low miles are holding steady. These cars seem to bottom out and stay in that range. The 2000 R's again low miles are on the upswing.
I'd like to have a two year run on the 350 also. It's a special car and Ford should maintain that heritage. That way the GT 500 might get here sooner. Yes I also know they made the 350 for years 65,66,67,68,69 and turkey day leftover 70's.

Last edited:

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
My '13 SBY LS was in pristine condition w/ only 3K on it. It took almost an entire year to sell the car. It sold for $39K. I was hoping for $45K. Never had such a hard time selling a car. Nobody wants them anymore.

I find it suspect that Ford is not producing the GT350(R) cars during the winter. Plenty of cars with soft tires are made and transported during the winter. I think Ford is stretching out the MY of these cars, they'll make one more run of them starting in March, and the GT350 will be finished after that.

It could turn out that the FPC was a failed experiment from a reliability standpoint. I'm concerned about the longevity of these engines, and my 2nd order. I've read and heard some opinions who question whether or not the engineering was sound during the 5.2 's development. Time will tell I suppose but I won't own one out of warranty as these engines cost approx $22K.

Going forward Ford will need a car that competes with both the LE and the ZL1. I see a Mach 1 and a GT500 representing Ford. Both of them will likely be boosted in some way. Perhaps the Mach 1 will have the new 4.8 and the GT500 will be a CPC 5.2 TT. Pure speculation of course.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Sorry low Mileage 13 boss 302's are no way mid $20K's . Most boss 302's have low miles. Find one and I'll buy it no green or blue. The terminators with low miles are holding steady. These cars seem to bottom out and stay in that range. The 2000 R's again low miles are on the upswing.
I'd like to have a two year run on the 350 also. It's a special car and Ford should maintain that heritage. That way the GT 500 might get here sooner. Yes I also know they made the 350 for years 65,66,67,68,69 and turkey day leftover 70's.
Here you go https://www.cars.com/for-sale/searc...atures=buryNoPrice&searchSource=GN_REFINEMENT

Plenty of clean, low mileage cars under $30k. Not 2013's, but the 2012's were arguably better looking anyway.

Patrick Dietrich

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 tech package
I have not read through all of this. So if I repeat someone don't jump down my throat. I have a friend that works in the mustang development Dept at Ford and it's a fact a 2018 Supercharged gt500 is in fact going to be coming out. It will not have a voodoo motor due to vibration problems with a Supercharger in which case I don't understand since there are aftermarket available. I would think there will be both 350 and 500. One for road racing and one to take down the hellcat and z06 on the straights.

Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
The boss 302 used car market has been soft over the last two years. The problem with the LS boss market is KBB doesn't price that option. The market has not been kind to the 12's...... The 13's ......seem to still bring in the mid to low 30's not 20's. Even the used 350 market is getting soft. Looking forward to both the 18 GT and Shelby model.

Last edited:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I have not read through all of this. So if I repeat someone don't jump down my throat. I have a friend that works in the mustang development Dept at Ford and it's a fact a 2018 Supercharged gt500 is in fact going to be coming out. It will not have a voodoo motor due to vibration problems with a Supercharger in which case I don't understand since there are aftermarket available. I would think there will be both 350 and 500. One for road racing and one to take down the hellcat and z06 on the straights.
I've heard this last year also. But I do not see (and I hope it doesn't) the gt350 continuing. I hope the gt350 ends in 2017. When the gt350 production end, the GT will take its place. Just as the GT has with the last boss. The current GT is as fast as the last boss. I know some of that is due to the IRS, but the difference in the HP between the Roadrunner and coyote isn't that far off. It's already proven that adding a boss intake or GT350 intake to a coyote out performs a boss Roadrunner. In a few short years or less, the GT will out pace the GT350. The 2018 GT is already getting Magnaride, who knows what hp it'll have. I hope they put the gt350 intake, Cai, and tune on the 2018 GT to bring the HP to 460+ but I know that's not gonna happen. And as a GT350 owner I wouldn't care if the GT had that hp increase.
I want ford to secede and compete/clobber the 1le with a GT instead of becoming an embarrassment.
You can not compare a GT350 to a Zl1. But people try.
I know from an engineer last winter the voodoo will die off. That's not a secret. The 5.2 cpc will come and replace the flatplane.
You also can not compare a aftermarket 5.2 fpc to a oem 5.2 cpc. No aftermarket test for durability like the oem. That's a fact jack.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
The reason the boss took a hit is obvious. GT350.
The gt350 killed the boss resale.
Why would anyone except a collector want a boss when they can get a GT with better suspension and to some better looks and quality for the same or less money.
This isn't the 60/70s anymore. Cars keep gettig better and better. In the 60/70s the gas crunch put an end to development. As of now we don't have that issue, but when the EPA starts putting their foot down for better mpg time will end all great things.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
The story has been written with the GT4 and its engine. 5.2 CPC is here. They will test it for awhile in IMSA.
Things just keep getting more exciting over @ FoMoCo. More models and more performance bring on the 18's. 5 years ago who would have thought such advances would come this quick. VCT. Valve train able to handle 8250. Now I've heard DI / PI Is on its way. Poor Chevy ....but you know they have to go to FI to keep up and so will ford. TT or supercharge ? Just keep the heat soak in check.
Fords performance engines are here for awhile when it comes to epa. I'm not against a combination electric @ the wheels, vectoring and gasoline motor. It's coming and it's fast as hell.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kpod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Black
I've heard this last year also. But I do not see (and I hope it doesn't) the gt350 continuing. I hope the gt350 ends in 2017. When the gt350 production end, the GT will take its place. Just as the GT has with the last boss. The current GT is as fast as the last boss. I know some of that is due to the IRS, but the difference in the HP between the Roadrunner and coyote isn't that far off. It's already proven that adding a boss intake or GT350 intake to a coyote out performs a boss Roadrunner. In a few short years or less, the GT will out pace the GT350. The 2018 GT is already getting Magnaride, who knows what hp it'll have. I hope they put the gt350 intake, Cai, and tune on the 2018 GT to bring the HP to 460+ but I know that's not gonna happen. And as a GT350 owner I wouldn't care if the GT had that hp increase.
I want ford to secede and compete/clobber the 1le with a GT instead of becoming an embarrassment.
You can not compare a GT350 to a Zl1. But people try.
I know from an engineer last winter the voodoo will die off. That's not a secret. The 5.2 cpc will come and replace the flatplane.
You also can not compare a aftermarket 5.2 fpc to a oem 5.2 cpc. No aftermarket test for durability like the oem. That's a fact jack.
Why can't you compare a gt350 to a zl1? They are close to the same price.

The ZL1 is out now and on the showroom floor near me. 64k, no adm.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Why can't you compare a gt350 to a zl1? They are close to the same price.

The ZL1 is out now and on the showroom floor near me. 64k, no adm.
Seriously?
Would you compare a GT to an ecoboost?
The GT350 stickers for $56770. That's $8000.00 less. Than a ZL1.
Sponsored