NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I am excited that Ford has finally released this... but why would they produce a new USB port that disables the one on the dash? Seems rather stupid.
They haven't released it, someone leaked it. The USB port isn't for a Mustang, it's for an F-150. None of this is official, we're us frankensteining an existing part that works. It seems like Ford isn't releasing the update because they don't have enough of the proper USB ports to sell to people so they're withholding the update until they make enough of them.
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
But you would still have to plug in your phone to the USB correct?
Only for the initial configuration. Go to the AA button in you sync apps and enable it. It will now connect via Bluetooth whenever the car is started.
At least that's how it works for me. Galaxy 6 edge

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I am excited that Ford has finally released this... but why would they produce a new USB port that disables the one on the dash? Seems rather stupid.
Scroll back a few pages. There is a single port hub available that maintains the front port.

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Scroll back a few pages. There is a single port hub available that maintains the front port.
to me that makes more sense you know... keep the front by using one new hub under the lid

Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My single port part will arrive Monday according to USPS.
which one did you order? I ordered the GR3Z-19A387-B which I believe is a single port, and I also ordered the GJ7Z-19A387-B dual port

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Well I did the software update today, all went perfectly. No issues in the operation of Sync3, shows version 2.2. Just swapped in the dual usb hub (very easy even for an un-handy person like myself), and CarPlay now works great! I can confirm front USB hub doesn't work. Doesn't bother me but I may swap in for the correct single usb hub once they're more easily available just to maintain factory functionality for if I trade it in one day. Two last things to note: First is that the system as a whole is much faster and more responsive. The second is that when I use CarPlay and then unplug my phone, my phone's ringer gets automatically turned up to max volume. Otherwise no complaints :) Huge thanks to everyone on here that worked together to figure out how to do this, it feels great to finally have CarPlay.
IMG_0914.jpg

Reactions: 113

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
which one did you order? I ordered the GR3Z-19A387-B which I believe is a single port, and I also ordered the GJ7Z-19A387-B dual port
HU5Z-19A387-A

If it actually comes in tomorrow it will have been less than a week since I ordered it. I will check function before I cancel the other order I made for the GR3Z.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Well I did the software update today, all went perfectly. No issues in the operation of Sync3, shows version 2.2. Just swapped in the dual usb hub (very easy even for an un-handy person like myself), and CarPlay now works great! I can confirm front USB hub doesn't work. Doesn't bother me but I may swap in for the correct single usb hub once they're more easily available just to maintain factory functionality for if I trade it in one day. Two last things to note: First is that the system as a whole is much faster and more responsive. The second is that when I use CarPlay and then unplug my phone, my phone's ringer gets automatically turned up to max volume. Otherwise no complaints :) Huge thanks to everyone on here that worked together to figure out how to do this, it feels great to finally have CarPlay.

thanks for sharing the update!:clap2: the installation goes very smoothly for everyone its so easy to do :headbonk:

mjb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EBPP
Just wanted to say thanks, I have been following this tread for awhile now and just installed the non-nav update without any problems. Android guy here but I will probably get the new USB hub at some point when the single port one becomes available and I know for sure which one to order as I don't want to lose my front port.

Sponsored

nortoncommando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Metallic GT PP Premium w/Nav
HU5Z-19A387-A

If it actually comes in tomorrow it will have been less than a week since I ordered it. I will check function before I cancel the other order I made for the GR3Z.
Yeah, that is that part number that I originally ordered. It's for a Focus. I never saw confirmation that it would work in the Mustang so I cancelled it and ordered the GJ7Z-19A387-B.

I'm not really that picky as long as it works. I have never used the front USB port so I'm not really going to miss it.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
those with iphones: this is what you're missing out, pop one of these babies in the front, place it on the rubber tray, boom good to go!
$_12.JPG

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
So, this morning I am getting a USB device not responding when I plug in my S7 Edge. It was working fine up until this morning's commute. I've tried everything. Shutting the car off, opening and shutting the door, rebooted the phone... No AA.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

So, this morning I am getting a USB device not responding when I plug in my S7 Edge. It was working fine up until this morning's commute. I've tried everything. Shutting the car off, opening and shutting the door, rebooted the phone... No AA.
May be your phone. With Android phones, you should get a pop up that comes up whenever your phone is connected via USB. Change your setting from charge to file transfer back to charge.
Sponsored