Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Ultra Lite Chassis Jacking Rails - Now Available

gtlaw

JcRoush hater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
FedEx was suppose to be here this morning. They called, said they'd be here in a couple hours and needed my signature. No show... Much sad... :confused: :(
I hate the fedex signature required thing. Not once ever have i been home when they came. I just got my tracking for these and sure enough it requires a signature.
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I hate the fedex signature required thing. Not once ever have i been home when they came. I just got my tracking for these and sure enough it requires a signature.
Everything Steeda ships requires a signature.

gtlaw

JcRoush hater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
My trans insert didn't

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
My trans insert didn't
Interesting. All the parts I have every received, which is a ton from them all had signature required.

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
It's an indirect signature required, so if they miss you and leave a call tag on the door, you should be able to just sign it and let them know they can leave it on their next attempt.

We're trying to protect both Steeda and the customer, that's all! :) End goal is for all of you to receive your parts as quickly and as pristine as possible.

Sponsored

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
It's an indirect signature required, so if they miss you and leave a call tag on the door, you should be able to just sign it and let them know they can leave it on their next attempt.

We're trying to protect both Steeda and the customer, that's all! :) End goal is for all of you to receive your parts as quickly and as pristine as possible.
Oh I definitely understand why you would set it up as needing a signature; they're not cheap parts! It's a good thing, for sure. :cheers:
I'm just chomping at the bit for an excuse to mess with the car! FedEx probably saw them redoing the street here and turned around, lol.

XDMan

El Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium With 50th Anniversary Pack
You might be able to do something via the FEDEX website. As a last ditch effort I might even leave a note on the door for the driver to leave it at the front door. It's worth a try.

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
All right, so the rails have arrived!
Packaging was excellent, as it has been with everything I've ordered from Steeda. Rails are wrapped tightly and well protected- no need to worry about them banging together during shipping.

Install was a breeze. I'm lowered on Eibach Sportlines (for now) and I did not even bother to put the car in the air. Just removed the two bolts in the front (almost next to the front sub-frame, but closer to the pinch weld) and slide the jacking rail into position, balancing it on my knee while I put all the bolts in just finger tight. I did notice that there was a bit of seam sealer pushing against the jacking rail, so it wasn't sitting perfectly level. You probably don't need to trim it; sure it'll sit in there just fine, but you might as well.

After that, I just took the bolts out one at a time, hit them with some Loc-Tite and tightened them down. Then just repeat on the other side. Very easily installation, pretty much self explanatory. Instructions do mention having the elongated hole in the front, and the welds on the bracket towards the inside. Installation took maybe 20 mins, with taking pictures.

Tested them out, they work without issue for me. I was able to lift the whole car and place my jack-stands! :thumbsup:
20150925_135854_resized.jpg
20150925_141229_resized.jpg
20150925_142823_resized.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
All right, so the rails have arrived!
Packaging was excellent, as it has been with everything I've ordered from Steeda. Rails are wrapped tightly and well protected- no need to worry about them banging together during shipping.

Install was a breeze. I'm lowered on Eibach Sportlines (for now) and I did not even bother to put the car in the air. Just removed the two bolts in the front (almost next to the front sub-frame, but closer to the pinch weld) and slide the jacking rail into position, balancing it on my knew while I put all the bolts in just finger tight. I did notice that there was a bit of seam sealer pushing against the jacking rail, so it wasn't sitting perfectly level. You probably don't need to trim it; sure it'll sit in there just fine, but you might as well.

After that, I just took the bolts out one at a time, hit them with some Loc-Tite and tightened them down. Then just repeat on the other side. Very easily installation, pretty much self explanatory. Instructions do mention having the elongated hole in the front, and the welds on the bracket towards the inside. Installation took maybe 20 mins, with taking pictures.

Tested them out, they work without issue for me. I was able to lift the whole car and place my jack-stands! :thumbsup:
Thank you so much for posting your insight and product pics! Very much appreciated by me and I'm sure other forum members :thumbsup:

gtlaw

JcRoush hater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Mine arrived today. Fedex left them on the porch without signature. I live in a good neighborhood the driver probably felt comfortable leaving them.

what are these bolts that are already in the chassis doing and why is there unused threaded inserts in there?

Sponsored

racer24crm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
BMR claims that their jacking rails increase the rigidity of the car. I was wondering if the same can be said about these rails or if the rigidity claims are even true.

C4 corvette guys added braces similar to these to their cars with great success but C4s are notorious for the flexible frames and I feel that the S550 wouldn't see any benefit from this other than the piece of mind when lifting the car.

Any thoughts?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
BMR claims that their jacking rails increase the rigidity of the car. I was wondering if the same can be said about these rails or if the rigidity claims are even true.

C4 corvette guys added braces similar to these to their cars with great success but C4s are notorious for the flexible frames and I feel that the S550 wouldn't see any benefit from this other than the piece of mind when lifting the car.

Any thoughts?
Lookingat the pictures, it appears BMR might be a bit longer than the Steeda's? Could just be the angle of the pictures.

Not sure how they could add much to making the chassis stronger but that is just going off pictures and not any hands on knowledge.

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

Any thoughts?
The jacking rails theoretically do increase chassis torsional and bending stiffness, although these benefits will be small.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Quick question before I pull the trigger on these...how durable are these jacking rails?

Ultra lite generally tells me some kind of compromise in durability is done to achieve weight reduction.
Sponsored