Sponsored

Adding OEM foglights to base V6

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
If there is a more appropriate sub-forum, mods please move this thread.

I've search the forum here backwards and forwards and have been unable to find the answer to my question.

I want to add OEM foglights to my '17 Base V6, and I know what hardware is required (brackets, foglights themselves, headlight switch) I'm wondering if anyone knows if the actual wiring / harness is already there in the bumper area?

If I have to add wiring, I may go another route than the OEM setup.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Caffn8d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red V6
Might depend on when the car was built. My 17 V6 doesn't have the wiring, brackets, etc. I'd have to start from scratch and after looking into what all's involved with making it work, I said screw it.

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure you post a guide on everything you needed if/when you add them, I did a quick search when I saw the thread and lots of interest but nobody that actually came back with a full answer.

Sponsored

Mike's Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A
You see the prices? LOL I can order brand new OEM stuff (lights, brackets, switch etc for half that - less actually).
Yeah, I think the cost is ridiculous. However, both sites say the base V6 does not come with the necessary wiring. Which is the answer to your initial question.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
I have new fog light housing if interested.

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I think the cost is ridiculous. However, both sites say the base V6 does not come with the necessary wiring. Which is the answer to your initial question.
I'm waiting on a buddy to run his catalog search. Supposedly the only difference on the foglight harness is a pigtail. I will update when I get more info.

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Well I got a look at a GT with fog lights the other night. Integral part of the front / headlight / engine compartment wiring harness. I pieced together the prices to order the pigtails etc and I'll likely just go with the Raxiom or Starkey harness. I scored a complete set of new / take off parking light / fog lights from a GT for CHEAP, so it's a wash in the end to just buy the harness with the OEM switch.

Will do it all when I yank the front bumper to do the Velossa tech and a few other things.

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
To go OEM it is not just getting the lights, mounts, and wiring. the option will need to be programed into the car. Unfortunately since 2005 the computers control every function of the car.

Sponsored

Mike's Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A
To go OEM it is not just getting the lights, mounts, and wiring. the option will need to be programed into the car. Unfortunately since 2005 the computers control every function of the car.
No programming involved. You replace the switch, which has the button for the fog lights.

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I could add the foglight option via FORScan - but I don't care enough to. All that does is give me the indicator on the cluster that the foglights are on.

I ordered the Starkey harness with OEM switch so I'll be adding it all in the next couple of weeks.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Relevant part to point out from the item description of that one:

Please Note: This kit does NOT include any additional wiring and/or switches that would be necessary to upgrade a 2015 V6, 2016-2017 Base Model V6, GT350 and GT350R models that were not originally equipped with Fog Lights from the factory.
I'm not sure how it functions without the additional wiring in there (would the fog part always be on or never come on?).

AV80R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Twister Orange L0376
I added the Starkey kit to my 2012 and it was a quality kit...easy install.
Sponsored