Sponsored

Engine removal guide tutorial needed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 mustang GT
Hi Everyone,

I am very shortly going to embark on removing the engine from my S550. I was just wondering if anyone has come across a step by step tutorial or has some good instructions (hopefully with pictures) that I could use to assist with this project? I will be working from my work shop which has a hoist/lift.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
Search for Eco5 he did a ecoboost to coyote swap.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Do mean the basic shit or like a Sean Hyland type of guide? Assuming you’ve done a swap and your looking for tips and tricks. The SHM books are awesome for early modular. Edit, too bad tbey dont have for the 550

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 mustang GT
Thanks guys... I am more looking for tips and tricks to easily remove the coyote motor so that I can drop my built one in... Found a couple of engine removal guides for s197's where they drop the cradle and take the engine and tranny out together...Is it the same for the s550? This is the first mustang we've had in Aus so if there is an easy or right way to do it then I'm sure it would save a heap of time...

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Thanks guys... I am more looking for tips and tricks to easily remove the coyote motor so that I can drop my built one in... Found a couple of engine removal guides for s197's where they drop the cradle and take the engine and tranny out together...Is it the same for the s550? This is the first mustang we've had in Aus so if there is an easy or right way to do it then I'm sure it would save a heap of time...
I’ve seen lists for other makes/ models that show the 10-15 steps it takes to disconnect and replace an engine. Hopefully someone puts together one of those for the S550 GT.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 mustang GT
I’ve seen lists for other makes/ models that show the 10-15 steps it takes to disconnect and replace an engine. Hopefully someone puts together one of those for the S550 GT.

That's exactly what I am after - I am happy to do a write up with pictures once I am done just was hoping someone had already done it... haha...

Draklia, whats the newest model mustang you found those steps for? would you be able to PM me with a link?

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Order the FSM. You can google and find a link where you can get it for $80 or you can pay the monthly subscription and download it all then cancel subscription or pay the Helms price.

The manual is worth it IF you are planning on getting deep into working on your car and since you're swapping engines - that definitely qualifies.

I've owned the Factory Service Manual for every vehicle I've owned since I can remember. I have NEVER regretted purchasing ANY of them. Many times the OEM way of doing something actually is that way for a reason and can and will save time and aggravation. Heck , it's worth it to me for the torque values.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Hi Everyone,

I am very shortly going to embark on removing the engine from my S550. I was just wondering if anyone has come across a step by step tutorial or has some good instructions (hopefully with pictures) that I could use to assist with this project? I will be working from my work shop which has a hoist/lift.

Thanks in advance!
Get the manual. It is not expensive and has everything you need, down to factory torque values for each fastener.

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
That's exactly what I am after - I am happy to do a write up with pictures once I am done just was hoping someone had already done it... haha...

Draklia, whats the newest model mustang you found those steps for? would you be able to PM me with a link?
Sorry no help from me, the list I mentioned were for jeeps. As others stated the manual is great and all, but will have you bouncing around between dozens of sections to get the job done, a list would be cool for sure especially paired with the manual for any little details that can’t be figured out on your own. Good luck, I’m sure any of the vendors/shops on here probably could write the “list” in their sleep.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 mustang GT
Have taken all your advice and got hold of a FSM... When pulling the motor, I will take photos etc and do a write up of it all... hopefully there aren't too many differences between the RHD and LHD versions!

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
I pulled my engine not too long ago. I unbolted the engine from the trans and pulled it out with a hoist. It was pretty straight forward but it is a tight squeeze between the oil pan and crossmember. I purchased the manual disc before reinstalling so I had all the torque values. It is worth the money.
Sponsored