Sponsored

Switching from 18" GT wheels to GT350 19" wheels (Question though)

Dseck63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey guys, forgive me if this is a stupid question because it may be just that but I just bought some brand new GT350 Cobra wheels for my 16' GT and I wanted to find out if I needed to bring my car into Ford to have anything altered for the tire pressure sensors I will be putting on.

I assume they either need to be calibrated, or somehow recognized by the car I just want to make sure I do this right. Thanks in advance..
Sponsored

Youngmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt DIB
If I'm not mistaken if your using the ones thats coming off your car they calibrate automatically.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
na they will calibrate on there own after some miles i put rims and tires on my other car and drove from jersey to phila and by the time i got home everything was good .. about 30 milles

OP
OP
Dseck63

Dseck63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Oh ok good to know, yeah I picked these up for only $1k and they came with a set of tire pressure sensors. Hell if I can use the ones I already have I might as well do it in case one of them ever fail I'll have back ups now. Thanks guys

08StangGT_CS

Fight The Urge to Boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Race Red No Options
na they will calibrate on there own after some miles i put rims and tires on my other car and drove from jersey to phila and by the time i got home everything was good .. about 30 milles
Shouldn't even take that long. Mine were good to go before I backed out my car from the bay at Discount Tire.

OP
OP
Dseck63

Dseck63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks for all your responses. The tire shop today was going to try and swindle me into removing my old tires to use my old sensors because the new ones according to them wouldn't scan with their tool. I told them to throw them on anyways because even if they wouldn't calibrate automatically I could buy the tool for $30 on Amazon and low and behold they work just fine like you said they would. Good looking out!
Sponsored