Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Just ordered my winter tyres.

Nokian WR A4. I love Nokians, used them for years on other cars and they have always been great. Good on price, too. €200 each for the rears and €180 each for the fronts.

My fronts are still the original Pirellis, done 22k miles on them and still have 2-3mm left. Not bad going at all.
Sponsored

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
Just ordered my winter tyres.

Nokian WR A4. I love Nokians, used them for years on other cars and they have always been great. Good on price, too. €200 each for the rears and €180 each for the fronts.

My fronts are still the original Pirellis, done 22k miles on them and still have 2-3mm left. Not bad going at all.
Snap! My other set of wheels are fitted with those self same Nokians, and they are grippy as feck. Night and day. Was only saying to the wife last night I'm contemplating fitting my winter wheels in the next few weeks.

I paid £600 for mine and I went for a square setup of 255/40 on the standard 19" rims all round.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Snap! My other set of wheels are fitted with those self same Nokians, and they are grippy as feck. Night and day. Was only saying to the wife last night I'm contemplating fitting my winter wheels in the next few weeks.

I paid £600 for mine and I went for a square setup of 255/40 on the standard 19" rims all round.

I normally switch in October.... Having these fitted on the 5th. :). Good to hear a positive review on them!

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
anyone heard from shep want to know if his dread at going to pickup the car was justified or not.... perhaps it was and he flipped out and is currently in lock up for attempting to murder staff at the stealers.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
anyone heard from shep want to know if his dread at going to pickup the car was justified or not.... perhaps it was and he flipped out and is currently in lock up for attempting to murder staff at the stealers.
He's picking up today, they changed the filter FOC and replaced the oil, they needed to clean up the underside which was coated in it from driving. I'll ask him he should be pikcing it up atm :)

Sponsored

MikeR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Convertible Auto Magnetic Euro PP Custom Pk
Had the oil change message appear. Car is 6 months old with 6500 miles on it. I know the Oil life counter was reset as I did it before it left the dealership in March.
I suspect that it is easier than some think to slip into the 'severe use' scenario where oil changes come up at 5k - 7.5k miles. It depends on how you drive and in any case 'normal' duty cycles can trigger an oil change and service from 7.5k. Early S550s may well have been subject to sloppy PDIs resets but I think later models from dealers who care and are experienced with Mustangs will probably have been more on the ball. I put Mustang 2017 into Ford's owner query system and retrieved a full explanation of the Intelligent Oil-Life Monitor. Any track use will likely trigger the 'moderate to heavy loads' scenario especially as it appears that throttle application is being monitored : This link and video show how the Intelligent Oil Monitor System gauges your oil's life capacity and alerts you when it's time to get an oil change.

https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/vehi...onitor.html?fmccmp=myfordmag-site-MFPR0515OIL

Last edited:

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
That is really interesting. If only it actually worked the way they say it does. :shrug:

MikeR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
That is really interesting. If only it actually worked the way they say it does. :shrug:
I suspect that if it were possible to unpick the sloppy PDI resets then it probably does work as intended. Repeated full throttle, full load applications will likely lower oil life into the 5 - 7.5k mile oil change interval.

For the cost of an oil change, are the longer term repercussions of not doing it worth the risk? We already know that there are potential weaknesses in the UK configured Coyote lubrication system (e.g. OPG and oil cooler), why increase the risk when mitigation is relatively cheap and easy? In my opinion strict adherence to prescribed and indicated oil changes can only give the owner the high ground in any future warranty claim dispute.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
I accept all that, except mine has just come up 6 months and 2000 miles from the previous change and reset. No hard use. After not being driven for 4 weeks it went straight to “oil change required now” with no interim message. That makes no sense.

Sponsored

Broomboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue GT
Got its first service at people's in edinburgh which went fine they seem a decent garage compared to some of the horror stories on here so drove home happy even tho they'd advised my back tyres were borderline ?

Smile wiped off when I got home and found the road tax letter lying behind the door...

Sent from the mobile client - Forum Talker

MikeR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I accept all that, except mine has just come up 6 months and 2000 miles from the previous change and reset. No hard use. After not being driven for 4 weeks it went straight to “oil change required now” with no interim message. That makes no sense.
Hmmm ... that IS interesting/puzzling! Mine is going in on Tuesday for an oil change and service and will be staying in the garage once West Berkshire Council start chucking salt on the roads. Will be interesting to track the % oil life remaining with very occasional use over the Winter into next Spring.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
I finally got round to my first mod today. This meant I was able to get my fender protectors out for the first time in 9 years!!

I fitted the Ford Performance hood struts and wasn't keen on the instructions stating I should drill a 1" hole in the battery cover. I had a better idea..

I thought I'd cut a hole the same shape as the support so it would look a little tidier when in place. I think it does??

I'm sad like that, and will spend longer doing a job if I think I can get a better result.

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just had a 20000 mile service done today.They pumped up my tyres again to 37.I thought they were 32 all round !

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I finally got round to my first mod today. This meant I was able to get my fender protectors out for the first time in 9 years!!

I fitted the Ford Performance hood struts and wasn't keen on the instructions stating I should drill a 1" hole in the battery cover. I had a better idea..

I thought I'd cut a hole the same shape as the support so it would look a little tidier when in place. I think it does??

I'm sad like that, and will spend longer doing a job if I think I can get a better result.
Nice job, but you'll have to pull the strut off the bracket if yo need to remove the battery cover:)
Sponsored