Sponsored

Rattle that follows my Mustang's

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
I've had my fair share of Mustang's over the years. Within 500 miles, every single one of them developed a rattle on the right side of the car, could be door, trim, who knows but I'll be damned if every single one of them developed the same frackin rattle.

When it showed up Saturday night I actually smiled. I HATE RATTLES and I will hunt them down, I'll hunt this one down as well oh yes I will!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine does it too. I found clipping the passenger seat belt in stops it on my car.
Yeah, that I discovered on the drive home from the dealer and I was able to shut that up. This is a light rattle that sounds like a paperclip was left somewhere and it's bouncing around.

Here is the other problem, I have unreal sensitivity to hearing them. If it rattles or makes noise I can hear it. I ask my wife, what the hell is making that racket? Her response, I don't hear a thing, to me it's seriously loud, she can't hear it. :rant:

So this weekend I'll be going through the car to see if I can find it and shut it up.

spogshd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 convertible
Vehicle Showcase
LOL i have one to, so I asked my daughter to come out with me to see if she could hear it but it didn't happen with her in the car, so maybe its because the seat belt was plugged in or it was something in the seat.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I noticed that today at 360 miles. I think it is the passenger seat belt though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The seatbelt was more like a clunk, it's heavy so it was easy to track and figure out. The one I have sounds very light, like a paperclip, it's maddening in its consistency over bumps. :headbonk:

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
The seatbelt was more like a clunk, it's heavy so it was easy to track and figure out. The one I have sounds very light, like a paperclip, it's maddening in its consistency over bumps. :headbonk:
I noticed this as well on my 18. Couldn't figure out where it's coming from. I'll wait for your update :thumbsup:

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
FWIW I had a rattle like that since new, after 15,000 miles it was getting very loud over bumps. When I swapped out my dampers it went away, my right rear was blown probably from day 1. If you set it on its end it just collapses on itself instead of holding position.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Yesterday I started getting a cracking sound from the dash area going over bumps. While less annoying than rattling it is going to start driving me crazy if it keeps up.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
If any of you have rattle problems pm me! I had a very first production 15 gtpp that i picked up in Sep 2014 with ton of rattle problems! I fixed them all by disassembling the dash, instrument clusters, cup holders, shifter lock out ring, door panels and rear deck areas. To fix the problem all i had to do was use sticky felt paper or bathroom sponge ( literally) on clips and contact points! Some materials they used in the interior ( mostly plastic ) are really temperature sensitive and due to bad tolerances they move with thermal expansion and contraction!

Sponsored

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
A suggestion to those with the paperclip sounds, check your tweeters in the A-pillar. My 2018 GT started doing this about a month after taking delivery. I tracked it down to the tweeter in the A-pillar. Take off the plastic cover (comes off easy) and place your finger on the tweeter and go over a rough surface and see if the sound comes back. Have someone sit in the passenger seat if the noise is coming from that side and have the person do the same thing with the tweeter on the passenger side.

I put some felt material to keep the tweeter from buzzing. I am not willing to tear into the A-pillar as I am afraid to mess it up and start having more rattles/buzzing sound.

OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If any of you have rattle problems pm me! I had a very first production 15 gtpp that i picked up in Sep 2014 with ton of rattle problems! I fixed them all by disassembling the dash, instrument clusters, cup holders, shifter lock out ring, door panels and rear deck areas. To fix the problem all i had to do was use sticky felt paper or bathroom sponge ( literally) on clips and contact points! Some materials they used in the interior ( mostly plastic ) are really temperature sensitive and due to bad tolerances they move with thermal expansion and contraction!
I thought I was OCD, nice job! :thumbsup:

Agreed, temp sensitive as hell, the consoles in all Ford's will squeak and rattle on some days driving me insane. I say all Ford's because everyone with a console I have had does the same thing. Ford says they claim a higher end interior yet won't do basic steps to prevent rattles, damn bean counters.

OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A suggestion to those with the paperclip sounds, check your tweeters in the A-pillar. My 2018 GT started doing this about a month after taking delivery. I tracked it down to the tweeter in the A-pillar. Take off the plastic cover (comes off easy) and place your finger on the tweeter and go over a rough surface and see if the sound comes back. Have someone sit in the passenger seat if the noise is coming from that side and have the person do the same thing with the tweeter on the passenger side.

I put some felt material to keep the tweeter from buzzing. I am not willing to tear into the A-pillar as I am afraid to mess it up and start having more rattles/buzzing sound.
Thanks for the tip. I'm going to check during lunch, I took the car to work today.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Thanks, I was worried about that. Sometimes taking trim apart can cause more issues.

My dash cracking sound seemed like it was from flexing. Perhaps I need a strut tower brace, lol.

390 miles so far and that has been the only vibration.

mcbagpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP 401A
I had the dreaded passenger side rattle on my 17 GTPP, turns out it was a loose push pin on the factory side splitter/trim piece. Run your hand under the trim and check the spots where the pins are located (they sit within recessed areas). My second pin from the front was hanging out enough to rattle when the car was going > 100km/h (60+mph).

I tried all sorts of things on the interior, but turns out it was this stupid little plastic pin that wasn't pushed all the way in during production. A few others have noticed the same issue on the same pin...check it and save time!
Sponsored