Grey16gt

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 magnetic Mustang GT premium non performance p
Thanx brother, I’m just cautious this time around with MRR Wheels.

Wow, 305/325 that’s amazing.

Do you have a thread how you did this set up if so please share.

I would be looking to do the same.

Thank you
I did do a write up or a post on how it was rubbing with the factory parts. and it was rubbing pretty hard. and then I think I showed a little video after doing the Ford Racing struts that showed how easily it seem to be turning. I don't think I did one for the camber bolts but those are super easy to put in like 30 bucks to buy them
Sponsored

James_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FORD MUSTANG 5.0
Thank you very much, I’ll look for the thread where you did the original post of the set up.

OP
OP
Grey16gt

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Thanx brother, I’m just cautious this time around with MRR Wheels.

Wow, 305/325 that’s amazing.

Do you have a thread how you did this set up if so please share.

I would be looking to do the same.

Thank you
Fyi 305 30 19 fitment with Ford Racing struts. This was the earlier post I showed a few pictures where it rubbed on the factory strut and how you can see it just barely rubbing on the Ford Racing strut I talked about spacers in that post that Jake at Vibe Motorsports who I bought the wheels through sent me for free. but I never ended up needing them

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
It's been kind of a long process. some of you may remember an earlier post where I had ordered one wheel and mounted one of my tires. Istarted figuring out how I can make them fit with no rubbing. I succeeded there is no rubbing anywhere at all everything is very very close but nothing touches. I've taken it out on back roads lots of bumps and humps brought it back home and can't find any rub marks. one thing that surprised me was when the car is up in the air the tires will rub a little turning the wheel lock to lock. on the ground it does not rub. I can turn all the way right and all the way left and not rub the tire anywhere. I'm running no spacers. The two things that helped me the most was the Ford Racing struts ware just underneath the spring perches flattened. And the steeda camber bolts the car is perfectly in alignment. It was the camber bolts that gave me just a little bit of extra space I needed to make it all work. Thank you Steeda! Also wanted to thank the guys at Mrr for the great job on the custom paint. And Jake at Vibe Motorsports. No matter how many pictures I tried to take I just can't seem to get the wheels to come out right. The pictures make them look like they are just painted a copper color. But in actual you actually see through the paint to the brushed aluminum underneath. And I absolutely love it. what do you guys think?

Have you got a daylight side shot?

OP
OP
Grey16gt

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Have you got a daylight side shot?
I guess not. I looked through all my pictures and the two shots that I posted were as close as I've got. I don't have any perfectly straight on side shots. I'm out of state at the moment but next time I go home I'll shoot one for you. I've got over 400 miles on my new tires and I've yet to have any issues rubbing side to side or up and down

Sponsored

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
I was all excited until I read where you used the 10" front wheels. Now not so much. Would have been interesting to see if the 11" wheels would have had the same result. I suspect not, but it would be nice to know.

OP
OP
Grey16gt

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I was all excited until I read where you used the 10" front wheels. Now not so much. Would have been interesting to see if the 11" wheels would have had the same result. I suspect not, but it would be nice to know.
Lol I suspect not either. I had a hard enough time getting everything to fit and clear with a 10 inch wheel. The side walls on the tires are almost Square with the wheel and I didn't want to get that much closer to the fender.

VibeMotorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vibemotorsports.com
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2019 F150 Shelby Super Snake
Lol I suspect not either. I had a hard enough time getting everything to fit and clear with a 10 inch wheel. The side walls on the tires are almost Square with the wheel and I didn't want to get that much closer to the fender.
Some side images of the M600 / Michelin would be great to see.
:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Grey16gt

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)

Ohthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Auto Lightening Blue
Vehicle Showcase
It honestly was pretty easy. I bought a set of Steeda camber bolts. and the Ford Racing struts. and springs the Springs don't matter but the struts have a flat spot just underneath the spring perch. and believe it or not just them all by their self I didn't think it was touching but when I took the tire off I seen it was ever so barely rubbing on the strut and the camber bolts fix that. and at the same time it's in perfect alignment and it clears by about a quarter of an inch up in the air it will rub a little turning lock-to-lock. but as soon as it's down on the ground it dont rub and that's all I did. it's just the spacing of their wheels the struts and the camber bolts and an alignment back to factory spec is where I put mine.
Do you think it would be possible to run MPSS 345's in the rear without rubbing or mods if the car is at factory ride height?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Grey16gt

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Do you think it would be possible to run MPSS 345's in the rear without rubbing or mods if the car is at factory ride height?
There's been a lot of people run 345 on lowered cars without any rubing. but as of yet this particular wheel I believe only comes in at 11 wide you probably need a little bit wider wheel to run to 345

Ohthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Auto Lightening Blue
Vehicle Showcase
There's been a lot of people run 345 on lowered cars without any rubing. but as of yet this particular wheel I believe only comes in at 11 wide you probably need a little bit wider wheel to run to 345
Yeah, I just haven't seen anybody run the Michelins in that size, only Nittos. The Super Sports in the same size are probably 3/4ths of an inch wider.

OP
OP
Grey16gt

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I just haven't seen anybody run the Michelins in that size, only Nittos. The Super Sports in the same size are probably 3/4ths of an inch wider.
When I was researching what sizes of Tire to run I seen several people running the Michelin 345 is on the rear I'm telling you they will fit and clear with no rubbing even on a lowered car talk to Jake at Vibe Motorsports and he'll send you some pictures he's a pretty good guy to deal with

OP
OP
Grey16gt

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Man, my car was loose up front with the 295’s when I really pushed it, I can’t even imagine 305’s. Those are fine if you don’t drive your car hard nor compete.
Im not sure why your car felt loose. After i installed sway bars springs struts and the bump steer kit with the spherical bearing in it almost felt too responsive. The only thing I don't like is when I get on it it feels like the front sway's just a little left and I believe the fix for that is Steeda new control arms with the spherical bearings in them and she'll be solid as a rock.
Sponsored