Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

Selo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Shelby GT500
The delay in getting this car to production indicates to me that aspirations are too high. They're trying too hard with this car - to make sure it buries the competition. In doing so, I think they're likely going to jump the shark. Have you seen the new Raptor? In trying to make it the baddest, fastest, best riding, most high tech vehicle of its kind, They also made it unnecessarily huge and complicated. Have you seen the Simpsons episode where Uncie Herb allows Homer to create the car called "The Homer?" Watch out, Ford, I'm worried about this one.
Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
The car will be a beast no doubt! I guess Ford is waiting for just the right time to drop it on us!! After the GT350R, Ford GT, and Raptor I feel we are going to be very happy with it! Just freakin tired of this secrecy stuff!!!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
However - let this sink in for a few - so did the ZL1 1LE. By a lot.

Exceeding expectations is largely, almost exclusively a paper numbers game.

This is probably most of the categories:

Price
Emissions/MPG
0-60
1/4
Skidpad
Looks??

Fun to drive can't be determined yet as the creators are undoubtably bias. I am looking forward to the car, and if it's NA 7L, I'm in.
You and I probably like the same things in a car. I wasn't always like that. Initially, I just wanted horsepower and grunt and that meant that it was going to be FI. Now, I prefer NA and a nimble machine.
I believe what TopNotch stated a while back about the POSSIBILITY of a very limited 7L. It won't be the GT500, but a Boss 429. He mentioned, I believe 900+or- a few, the first year, and 1100 +or- the second, so somewhere around 2,000 vehicles, just like the 350R is panning out to be. If it does come, this will be a $$$ vehicle...and ADM city, guaranteed. This is a vehicle that A LOT of people will want.

Those worried about ADM's on the next GT500, don't. I think if you are patient enough this car will come without ADM. Maybe a bit a the start, but expect numbers to be in the 10-12,000 range. 5 or 6K a year built.
Just have a bit of patience, call around and I'm sure you'll get one for MSRP or even below, later the second year. I think this car will be no more than 75K loaded.

Its hard saying how GOOD this car will be. Chances are you'll be able to feel the nose more than on the 350, as there will be 200lbs more sitting on it, but with the 350, going around those corners with the magnetic suspension, you get very little to no roll, so even with that 200 lbs, it shouldn't be TOO bad. There is no hopefully here, but this car will put the power to the ground better than the S197 did. Can't get any worse, IMO, even if it came with 10 speed bike tires. The 350, even with 500HP, when going into a corner and nailing it, it will kick out but the traction control is way better than the S197s, it will right its course quickly.

The thing with the 350 is that you can keep the pedal to the metal quite a bit when driving it, the engine performance is within the metrics of the chassis. The Gt500, I believe is going to have a engine that outdoes its chassis, making it a car that is similar to the viper. You will have to be on top of it, scare the shit out of yourself and beyond to really get the most performance out of it, thus, not as fun to drive experience, but still, depending on what you like most, I think it will be a much more fun 0-60 1/4 mile car than the 350 is. While the GT500 may murder the 350 around a course, I'm sure it will be a load in doing so. Some people like to stress relieve, well, I think after you are done a race course with the next GT500, you will forget all about you're problems for the year. The 350 its a day.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
You and I probably like the same things in a car. I wasn't always like that. Initially, I just wanted horsepower and grunt and that meant that it was going to be FI. Now, I prefer NA and a nimble machine.
I believe what TopNotch stated a while back about the POSSIBILITY of a very limited 7L. It won't be the GT500, but a Boss 429. He mentioned, I believe 900+or- a few, the first year, and 1100 +or- the second, so somewhere around 2,000 vehicles, just like the 350R is panning out to be. If it does come, this will be a $$$ vehicle...and ADM city, guaranteed. This is a vehicle that A LOT of people will want.

Those worried about ADM's on the next GT500, don't. I think if you are patient enough this car will come without ADM. Maybe a bit a the start, but expect numbers to be in the 10-12,000 range. 5 or 6K a year built.
Just have a bit of patience, call around and I'm sure you'll get one for MSRP or even below, later the second year. I think this car will be no more than 75K loaded.

Its hard saying how GOOD this car will be. Chances are you'll be able to feel the nose more than on the 350, as there will be 200lbs more sitting on it, but with the 350, going around those corners with the magnetic suspension, you get very little to no roll, so even with that 200 lbs, it shouldn't be TOO bad. There is no hopefully here, but this car will put the power to the ground better than the S197 did. Can't get any worse, IMO, even if it came with 10 speed bike tires. The 350, even with 500HP, when going into a corner and nailing it, it will kick out but the traction control is way better than the S197s, it will right its course quickly.

The thing with the 350 is that you can keep the pedal to the metal quite a bit when driving it, the engine performance is within the metrics of the chassis. The Gt500, I believe is going to have a engine that outdoes its chassis, making it a car that is similar to the viper. You will have to be on top of it, scare the shit out of yourself and beyond to really get the most performance out of it, thus, not as fun to drive experience, but still, depending on what you like most, I think it will be a much more fun 0-60 1/4 mile car than the 350 is. While the GT500 may murder the 350 around a course, I'm sure it will be a load in doing so. Some people like to stress relieve, well, I think after you are done a race course with the next GT500, you will forget all about you're problems for the year. The 350 its a day.
I agree, well said.

I really hope Ford doesn't purposely build the engine chasing numbers and it outdoes the chassis.

What you said about driving it and being on top of it - sounds exactly like the Z06. Funny, GM put the drivetrain in the alpha platform (ZL1) and reviewers have commented how much better that chassis handles the power.

With the boss 429, if it's real and it's production is that low, will it be the 'R' of the 500? Or is that still reserved for the 'KR'?

I'm having difficulty placing all these models in the lineup.

Bullitt
Mach 1
500/Cobra + KR variant
Boss 429
Potential rumoured Boss 302

Couple of those may be option packages on the regular car. Time will tell.

Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
What ever they do I hope they bring it all out at once so we can make an educated purchase. It would be beyond galling to make a purchase to only have it surpassed by a model the next year. Chevy is bad about this with the Corvette. They are preparing both the new ZR1 and mid engine at the same time. Why would you buy the ZR1 knowing good and well when they drop the mid engine model its going to depreciate like a rock!! I would prefer Ford bring one over the top bad ass model and lets have at it. Make so you can option it like you want it mild to wild and I would be fine. But keeping everyone wondering if something bigger and badder is coming would be horrible.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Think Ford is going to the ring with this car? Im getting a little anxious for news there.

They could be using the Canadian test track they developed the GT on.

Anyone have a contact within Multimatic? I feel they're a key player for the new 500.

Ponyboy4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2004 GT Premium
What ever they do I hope they bring it all out at once so we can make an educated purchase. It would be beyond galling to make a purchase to only have it surpassed by a model the next year. Chevy is bad about this with the Corvette. They are preparing both the new ZR1 and mid engine at the same time. Why would you buy the ZR1 knowing good and well when they drop the mid engine model its going to depreciate like a rock!! I would prefer Ford bring one over the top bad ass model and lets have at it. Make so you can option it like you want it mild to wild and I would be fine. But keeping everyone wondering if something bigger and badder is coming would be horrible.
This is a risk you take no matter what car you buy or when. Its inevitable that it will be upstaged by something better within a year or two after its release. It's just the way the industry works.

Also, I'm personally still hoping (along with a lot of potential ZR1 buyers as well, no doubt) that the mid-engine Corvette is not actually a Corvette...
The 'Vette has always kicked the asses of ME cars with the FR layout, and at significantly lower price points. Sure, ME does make more sense, but there's no way in hell they will be able to make it as affordable as the current layout. Just seems to go against everything the 'Vette has always been.. Makes me think of when Ford tried to pull the whole FWD Mustang thing..
Surely they will just introduce it as an all new model.. a Cadillac maybe?

Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I have heard rumors of the car being called a Cadillac. I really doubt that. I can see them respecting the Vette history and starting over with a whole new brand name. Zora seems to be out there a lot. This makes sense if you think Chevy can sustain 2 high dollar performance models not even counting the Camaro. That is a tall order in this day and age. I'm hearing reading about multiple ME models (base, hybrid and Zora Zr1). If that is the case then I fear the front engine Vette will be history. I know that is going to piss off a large percentage of the Vette guys but it looks like that is the direction its going. The Vette factory being shut down for a compete retooling may be the biggest clue to that that we have seen yet. Time will tell but exciting times they are. If Chevy comes out with a 700hp beautiful ME Zora ZR1 about the same time Ford drops a 800hp GT500 beast - that will make for some hard choices!!!! I hope we see both and they are both BadAss!!! Decisions Decisions Decisions!!

Ponyboy4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2004 GT Premium
Fair point I suppose. Signs of the times I guess! All I know is that it had better be a lot prettier than what the spy photos make it look! Not that I'll be able to afford one...

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Agree with that. It could be a very sexy looking car and it could go very wrong. That is hopefully why they are taking so long bringing it out. They know they have to get it right the first time. It will be nice to see an all original American ME "affordable" sports car come to market.

Ponyboy4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2004 GT Premium
I'm interested to see what price bracket its in. Cheapest ME car you can buy? I think that's completely doable. Buy it at or near what current Corvette costs are? I don't see it. On top of that, I have no doubts that ADM will plague it just as bad as the next SE Mustang.. or worse.
Speaking of.. back on topic..? :ford:
How many SE Mustangs are we expecting now? Like 5?

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I'm interested to see what price bracket its in. Cheapest ME car you can buy? I think that's completely doable. Buy it at or near what current Corvette costs are? I don't see it. On top of that, I have no doubts that ADM will plague it just as bad as the next SE Mustang.. or worse.
Speaking of.. back on topic..? :ford:
How many SE Mustangs are we expecting now? Like 5?
Yeah, five. Hahah.

As of right now the cheapest ME is the Cayman. The cheapest ME supercar is the NSX.

Rumours that Honda is building a baby NSX Cayman fighter are unfolding. The patents are all in place. That should be the cheapest. So GM, don't fuck this up!!

Also Ford, don't fuck this up!! :lol:
Sponsored