Sponsored

Wheels and tires for a perf pack 2 car

jenksdrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Well if he really has no track intentions I'd say he'd be much better off with a Magneride PP1 and save some money. That package is a complete waste over the PP1 if you don't track the car.
I disagree.

I went this route with the idea maybe, a few times, I might find a road coarse to play with, but for the most part it'll be long stretches of state highways if I want to just drive. Basically this will (likely) replace my motorcycle, as well as get me back and forth to work; both from a safety and weather kind of way.

For me the PPK2 upgrade was worth it for the wheels alone. Plus the changes to the suspension are not bad things; should make for a more purist connection. I had a 370z for a short bit and I liked that; just it was black and my OCD took over. Mostly I've had trucks and a SUV otherwise, no longer need the truck/SUV so enter the Mustang.

Now, admittedly, the PPK2 wheels and the tires they fit, finding AS tires is impossible as an exact fit, have to next-size it, and I'd rather leave them shoed up for when I do take on the road courses; drive there, swap wheels and go have fun. That has me considering different wheels and tires as a set...but I still get all the other fun bits about the PPK2; and it's not like I can't hang onto the extra bits I take off or leave off. (such as the splitter) - more fun for the next guy maybe...
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Well if he really has no track intentions I'd say he'd be much better off with a Magneride PP1 and save some money. That package is a complete waste over the PP1 if you don't track the car.
As far as actually approaching "the numbers" in 99+% street driving, perhaps. Then again, the PP1 by itself isn't all that far away from base (I still think base should have been closer to where PP1 is than where it ended up, with PP1 being PP2-ish).

I suspect that the subjectives could be worth the $800 upcharge (from PP1 + Magneride combined) even in reasonably normal street driving.

Norm

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Some of the advice here is as bad as on the Harley forums!

It's his car, his money and his time.
If he wants to do this; 'what does it matter to anyone??'

Maybe he wants the "coolest" looking car, period."........:first:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
It's his car, his money and his time.
If he wants to do this; 'what does it matter to anyone??'
He came in looking for help with a strong preference for "not staggered" being the only criterion. Not the same thing as asking whether he should go with a fully 'square' setup or not.

Norm
Sponsored