Sponsored

Wheels and tires for a perf pack 2 car

Wade88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prospective '19 Perf Pack 2 GT
Hello friends,
I've been talking with my local dealer about ordering one of these but there is a slight problem. I'm pretty averse to staggered wheels and tires as it precludes rotating those $400 a pop tires. How would y'all go about getting matching front and rears without ruining the car or is this impossible? The dealer suggested 20" wheels but they're helplessly untechnical people and I don't trust anything but price data from them.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The rear wheels will fit on the front with a spacer and extended studs. Then you could have the same size wheel and tire all around.

OP
OP

Wade88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone here do that? If so do they report any weirdness resulting from such? It seems like the ideal solution, all I want to do is be able to rotate them like I have for my entire post-16 years life up to now.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The rears are 11" and the fronts are 10.5". I'd be weirded out rotating something like that. Second set of wheels and tires? I don't know what your uses are per say. But like a lot of PP and GT350 guys you might just need to suck it up and deal with it depending on how your definition of practicality weighs out. Don't mean to bring up gotta pay to play in a demeaning way but...

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone here do that? If so do they report any weirdness resulting from such? It seems like the ideal solution, all I want to do is be able to rotate them like I have for my entire post-16 years life up to now.
Plenty of folks who do serious track work run 19x11's all around exactly that way. No weirdness. [MENTION=24801]AlbertD[/MENTION]

I don't know what the offset of the PP2 rear wheels are, but if it's near +50 then a 20 or 25 mm spacer will be enough to clear the strut. Make sure to do a spacer + extended studs not an adapter with studs in it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Wade88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I have read about the hazards of crappy wheel spacers and studs before. Thank you for reminding me and educating my ignorance. How do I go about getting the thread closed? Thank you very much for the promptness. I clicked the report button but it says that function is only for things that aren't this.

Last edited:

JD_GTPP2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro, 2SS/1LE
Rather than close the thread, keep it going. Maybe someone will add something new to the conversation.

Does anyone have accurate specs for the wheels, specifically the offsets?

A couple of the forum vendors offer some nice wheels and tires, but I have yet to be able to find the offset values for the OEM wheels.

JD

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You can go to your original post, Edit and go advanced, and delete. They'll probably just move it to the Wheels and Tires subforum. No reason to close/delete it, as it may be helpful for others too.

OP
OP

Wade88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It just seemed like a noob query that was sufficiently explained. I can measure the offset when the car arrives and order relevant parts then but if anyone would like to chime in for posterity that would be fine too I suppose. Thanks for the tip, here's to hoping it gets moved to the relevant section that I didn't see when I signed up.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It just seemed like a noob query that was sufficiently explained. I can measure the offset when the car arrives and order relevant parts then but if anyone would like to chime in for posterity that would be fine too I suppose. Thanks for the tip, here's to hoping it gets moved to the relevant section that I didn't see when I signed up.
It's not a noob or easy subject. Offsets, backspacings, and spacers are a complicated subject. There ARE some good spacers out there. And there's also junk ones too. Then there's the subject of how quickly are you going to actually kill those SC2 tires? Tracking or autocrossing a lot?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Wade88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The nearest track facilities are quite some distance away. I'm not interested in drag racing at all, and that is the only nearby option (8th mile). I reckon it'll take at least a couple of years to eat the OEM tires up but I'm a picky bastard about tires, they might only last a few tanks of gas; it is hard to tell until I try them.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Well, since I was curious, I found:
OEM 2018 Ford Mustang PP2 wheels
Fronts 19x10.5 24mm offset, 31.4lbs
Rears 19x11 48mm offset, 30.4 lbs

So yeah, a 20 mm spacer should work perfectly for the front and run the PP2 rears all around. It just works on a 19x11 +50 offset, so that extra 2 mm will give some breathing room. The SC2s that come with will not last much longer than 15,000 road miles. Track days will degrade that. They're a very sticky and soft tire and have amazing performance.

JD_GTPP2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro, 2SS/1LE
Well, since I was curious, I found:
OEM 2018 Ford Mustang PP2 wheels
Fronts 19x10.5 24mm offset, 31.4lbs
Rears 19x11 48mm offset, 30.4 lbs

Thanks so much for that info! :hail: I had planned to have the dealer install some Bridgestone RE71Rs on the OEM wheels before I take delivery and just have them bag up the SC2's. Knowing now that they weigh over 30lbs each (!!) I will be looking at something a bit lighter for the SC2s for track days.

JD

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks so much for that info! :hail: I had planned to have the dealer install some Bridgestone RE71Rs on the OEM wheels before I take delivery and just have them bag up the SC2's. Knowing now that they weigh over 30lbs each (!!) I will be looking at something a bit lighter for the SC2s for track days.

JD
Apex EC7...will save ~5-6 lbs a corner for 19x11s.

OP
OP

Wade88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)