Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Steeda Press Release:

• The facia is not any lower than the stock OEM facia - it has the same ride height as stock
  • The front upper grill opening is essentially the same size as OEM - the inference is the lower grill opening and the side openings
  • It sticks forward about 1.5” further than the OEM facia
  • It is is a molded one piece design
  • Attached is a CAD drawing that shows the difference between the stock OEM facia and the Steeda facia.

The facia is constructed with a PUR-RIM (Polyurethane Reaction Injection Molding) process in the manufacturing of our facias...this is the same process as used by many high-end OEMs. Most notably we use only the most expensive and highest quality raw materials available in the molding process which affords far greater superiority over normal OEM facias. We purposely “over build” our facias so they to perform under extreme high speeds and the most severe conditions imaginable - wether you are on the street or on the racetrack. Our testing is done under grueling conditions at Sebring International Raceway (one of the toughest racetracks in existence), South Georgia Motorsports Park, and on the street so you are guaranteed the best performing and looking facia available.

From an aerodynamic perspective, it was purposely designed to take a design cue from the 2018 Ford GT - our designers artistically blended the GT’s design cues onto the Mustang GT….it’s overall design is intended to dramatically reduce the air under the car, move air thru the radiator for enhanced cooling under adverse conditions, move air over the hood for enhanced front end grip at high speed so the tendency for “front end lift” is dramatically reduced. We should state that the facia has been aerodynamically tested using the latest computer technologies and most importantly, under extremely adverse conditions at Sebring International Raceway Park and has passed all of our stringent Steeda performance specifications for street, track, and dragster applications.

The pictures are the final “test fitment” images. Shortly we will be releasing production images where the facia is painted to OEM specifications - there you will readily see how gracefully the facia integrates with the 2018 Mustang's new front end.

:eyebulge:

From their FB page:

"Coming soon...
Stay tuned for more images and info."

Preview of Steeda's 2018 Mustang front fascia redesign:

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg
unnamed-1.jpg
unnamed-2.jpg
unnamed-3.jpg
unnamed-4.jpg
Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Can't see anything. Why not attach the image?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
850 = 850 HP?

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
For those that couldn't see the image......
2018 Steeda Q850.jpg

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Test fitting the Q Series front end :headbang:
2018 Steeda Q Series front fascia 1.jpg
2018 Steeda Q Series front fascia 2.jpg
2018 Steeda Q Series front fascia 3.jpg

intoadaze

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Ivann
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 5.0
I think someone finally fixed it, I feel like this bumper flows better with the rest of the front end.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I think I just figured out what I don't like about the '18 front end. I could never put my finger on it...But the grill area doesn't set back as deep as it does on the 15-17. I love everything about the Steeda front clip, but the grill is what stood out to me. So it must be that aspect that has been nagging at me all of this time. I can see it being very polarizing though, with some liking it, and some not.

My '16 and the deeper grill..
167s3rq.jpg

Sponsored

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Im liking the front bumper

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
please tell me the front splitter isn't molded in like the last one!

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
It looks like a bolt on to me.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
I think someone finally fixed it, I feel like this bumper flows better with the rest of the front end.
I agree. I like the little adjustment!

I think I just figured out what I don't like about the '18 front end. I could never put my finger on it...But the grill area doesn't set back as deep as it does on the 15-17. I love everything about the Steeda front clip, but the grill is what stood out to me. So it must be that aspect that has been nagging at me all of this time. I can see it being very polarizing though, with some liking it, and some not.
One of the things I picked up on with the 2018 looking odd is the decreased depth of the upper front grille area and the plain, open and flat looking bottom grille area. The bottom grille area just look like the design... stopped. Steeda managed to fill in that design gap!

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I really think if the "spliter under the splinter" was rounded and not simply a longer version of the top one it would look better .
Sponsored