Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I love wasting money having all the exact things I want.
Sponsored

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Every one complains BUT manufactures have done studies and they actually lose sales with a la carte or more packages with fewer items in each, not to mention the higher sticker prices due to almost every part being an unknown quantity for a model year..

Most of us don't fall into these categories but a LOT of people get overwhelmed or delay a purchase while they mull them over. Many of those end up buying something from another manufacturer. And when there are thousands of combinations, its a sure bet you won't find one exactly like you want on the lot. With a few major packages, no reason to shop elsewhere or wait because a dealer is likely to have a car with the few big packages you want.
Having the option packages lumping stuff together I understand. What I don't understand, is this.

Example

F-150 Lariat. You can't get the 20" Chrome wheels unless you have the Chrome Package, which you can't get unless you have the 501A Package. Needing two separate option packages to get a optional wheel?

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
If you are buying a sports/muscle car with making money in mind you may want to look into a new hobby!!
aww shoot im doing it wrong

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Here's my take after reading the comments. When I was a kid I bought what was available ( used ) as I could not afford a new car. I always tried to find a style , color, and equipment that I wanted. Didn't always work out. Then when I saved enough to buy a new car. I never got one off the lot I always ordered exactly what I wanted. My first new car was a 1966 Chevelle SS 396 and I have never looked back. Sure I have had used cars since but they were for transportation. When I buy a new car I order exactly what I want and don't sweat the small stuff.

PS I agree with( Likeaboss) having to buy crap you don't want just to select the options you do want is a PITA. Case in point The wheels I want for the 18 are not available unless I buy a package. My dealer said he will work it out with me after delivery and I can get what I want at his cost. (Jones Ford in NC) Good people to work with.

supersnake94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus SE
It's been pretty quiet around here....too quiet.

Any more news from Ford? More spy photos? It's been quiet for a while.

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
It's been pretty quiet around here....too quiet.

Any more news from Ford? More spy photos? It's been quiet for a while.

There has never been any news from Ford. 98% of this thread is made up, the 2% that has some plausibility is known only to a select few.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Pretty much! At this rate I think the ZR1 and ME corvette well appear as soon as the SE mustang.

How long has a mid-engined Corvette been rumored? I think it's been two generations.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Pretty much! At this rate I think the ZR1 and ME corvette well appear as soon as the SE mustang.
I hope they do come out at the same time! That way I can figure out which one to purchase! Would be nice to compare head to head.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I hope they do come out at the same time! That way I can figure out which one to purchase! Would be nice to compare head to head.
Haha no kiddin, me too. Ill guess the gt500 will be a quicker straight line car but the mid engine will conquer every other metric including looks. We'll see how it pans out.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I think it will be classic muscle car vs sports car type choice. Nether is a direct competitor but both could be quite compelling in its on way! Brute force or finesse maybe! Either way it will most likely be a difficult choice!

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Well,.....September is halfway over and still no sign of the new GT500. :(
I don't think we're getting a GT500KR version of that car. Actually, I'm almost willing to put money on it. We can't even get a GT500 version yet. LOL
It's been 4 years already and counting since the last GT500 and those cars, the 2013/2014 GT500 cars are beasts in stock form, never mind with mods.
Let's go FORD!!!!!! :ford: :thumbsup:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'm not holding my breath.......Ford kept us waiting long enough to finally see the stock GT & Ecoboost '18 model (remember, that was back in January, and they're still a few months away from being in customer's hands!)

Detroit in January would be the earliest I'd expect to see it.

One thing I am surprised at.......no shots of it at the Nurburgring yet. I'm assuming they'll test it there.....certainly the GT350 and ZL1 were spotted there before release.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Honestly, its how i thought it would happen, waiting until early 2018 so that most of the 350s of 18 are spoken for, before dumping the news. They have no fear of selling the GT500, they know they can sell 5-7,000 a year for 2 years.
Sponsored