Sponsored

Whipple vs Roush for DD >700hp goal

blckoutGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey guys. Been reading a good bit on the forums and I'm still stuck between the Roush Phase 1 and Whipple.

2017 Mustang GT with 6 speed manual

I'm weary of the Roush due to the grinding needed and the cutting of the K-Brace

I've done a lot of looking and both seem to be comparable with HP and Torque?

This is my Daily Driver for another 2 years then I plan on ramping it up and making it more of a project car with some higher HP.

I rode in a friend's stang with a Roush and the whine was not too loud at all. I am looking for the distinct noise of a supercharger in my setup.

For my comfort levels, I'm trying to stay below 700hp for now.

Thoughts on either? I miss being thrown in the back of my seat.
Sponsored

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I have a Vmp unit and like it, I'm not a fan of how weak the roush tunes are personally. Whipple makes a nice kit too, can't really go wrong with either. Whipple will be more expensive most likely though

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
With either setup it would be fine for daily driving.

If you want more sound in the cabin you will have to adapt the sound tube to the new air box. Both come with closed air boxes for the 50 state legal applications.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
the fastest manual 1/4 miles is the roush blower. they will all push the power.. what looks cooler to you lol

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
the fastest manual 1/4 miles is the roush blower with nitrous . they will all push the power.. what looks cooler to you lol
Fixed that for you ;)

Sponsored

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
think he was still the fastest before the nitrous wasnt he? lol and its just a little spritz to get her moving
Yea I think you're right. Little spritz, haha, love it.:lol:

I remember when I was younger back at a lot where we used to meet up for street runs, my brother raced a foxbody that had a "small shot" of nitrous. Mid race at about 80-90mph, foxbody is 1-2 cars behind the rear bumper, a second later front tires are off the pavement mid-highway and hes flying by. LOL.

After the race he shows his "small shot" setup.... twin 15lb tanks in the trunk and 8 nozzle direct shot wet system. :)

"Size" is subjective

Bybotie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, HP
Option #3, Ford Racing. Have the blower installed by a Ford dealership and keep your full warranty. Toss the factory K-brace(junk) and buy a BMR brace($139). There are simple sound tube hacks if you want more whine in the cabin.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The "grinding" is a non-issue. Cutting the K-brace is a issue but base GT cars don't have the k-brace so it's not a functional necessity. I went with Roush because they offer a package through Ford Racing. I chose to do only Ford Racing aftermarket parts on my car.......just my preference.

Sponsored

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
LOL

OP
OP

blckoutGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The "grinding" is a non-issue. Cutting the K-brace is a issue but base GT cars don't have the k-brace so it's not a functional necessity. I went with Roush because they offer a package through Ford Racing. I chose to do only Ford Racing aftermarket parts on my car.......just my preference.
wouldn't the grinding prevent me from going back to stock, in the event that I sell the car or have to transfer the SC from one vehicle to another?

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
wouldn't the grinding prevent me from going back to stock, in the event that I sell the car or have to transfer the SC from one vehicle to another?

No one would ever know that you did it. I vote for Whipple, love mine.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys. Been reading a good bit on the forums and I'm still stuck between the Roush Phase 1 and Whipple.

2017 Mustang GT with 6 speed manual

I'm weary of the Roush due to the grinding needed and the cutting of the K-Brace

I've done a lot of looking and both seem to be comparable with HP and Torque?

This is my Daily Driver for another 2 years then I plan on ramping it up and making it more of a project car with some higher HP.

I rode in a friend's stang with a Roush and the whine was not too loud at all. I am looking for the distinct noise of a supercharger in my setup.

For my comfort levels, I'm trying to stay below 700hp for now.

Thoughts on either? I miss being thrown in the back of my seat.
No real feedback on it yet but Edelbrock has the new 2650 rotors in the E-force kit.

I read the manual cover to cover, no grinding or wiring. It's a complete bolt on and should make good power.

I'd look into it at least.