Door panels vibration at 80mph?

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Hey guys! Im experience something weird the door panels start to buzz, but the buzzing starts at 80 mph, its odd because its as if it were almost mechanical. As soon as I hit 80mph, the door panels start to buzz, i tried lower speed, with higher rpms and no buz, as soon as i hit 80mph or higher the door panels buzz doesn't matter the rpm, I do have a 2016 mustang gt premium pp. Anyone else experience this?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
no one?

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I live in Florida,and I think the highest posted speed limit is 70 MPH, so that 80 MPH vibration shouldn't be a problem, now that was an easy problem to solve. LOL.

Catbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I have!!!! precisely at 80 mph... it is strange. I'm trying to troubleshoot now. I want to say it has to do with something in the wind. It is really annoying though.

Sponsored

Catbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Is that where i should look? I hear like a flapping buzz right at 80 mph from the passenger side door side.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Im not 100% from your description.

IF its the "drive train vibration" you typically hear a rotational type humm or rolling sound. Dropping speed makes it go away. However you will likely feel thati n the steering, see your top mirror vibrate, or feel it in the floor pan/your back.

Im not quite sure this is the same symptom. When you say buzz, is the sound outside the vehicle or like a buzz from a interior panel?

I have a wind noise from my driver side window thats super annoying at 75+ but wouldn't say buzzing at all

Catbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
No, I don't feel anything different in the wheel. I'm used to those little vibrations if any, but at speed it is smooth. It sounds like a buzzing/flapping from the outside if I would have to guess but I'm not certain. It starts right around 80 mph every time.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
My passenger door panel rattles. it started out at 70+ but now it does it at much lower speeds.

I can also make it rattle by playing a certain frequency on the speakers, same exact sound. Taking my door panels apart soon to try and fix it. It's extremely annoying.

mcbagpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP 401A
I have the same sound on my '17 GTPP, starts around 70mph. I thought at first it might have been the front wheel liners as they would squeak if I pressed in on the front quarter panel. I removed the liner and trimmed a few pieces which removed the squeak when pressed...but after a 3.5hr drive today I could still hear the rattling noise.

It sounds like it's coming from the passenger door area, sometimes from the glove compartment area, sometimes sounds closer to the rear of the door.

Sponsored

Catbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Solved! (I think)

To me it felt like a wind issue, so I looked at the seals around the windows and noticed the one wasn't sitting too tight against the window and part of it was tucked under the plastic panel on the B pillar. It seems to have fixed the issue, but I'm sure it will come loose again. I need to tighten things down over there. See if this works for you and let me know.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I have the same sound on my '17 GTPP, starts around 70mph. I thought at first it might have been the front wheel liners as they would squeak if I pressed in on the front quarter panel. I removed the liner and trimmed a few pieces which removed the squeak when pressed...but after a 3.5hr drive today I could still hear the rattling noise.

It sounds like it's coming from the passenger door area, sometimes from the glove compartment area, sometimes sounds closer to the rear of the door.
Sounds just like mine. Try playing certain frequencies and set the Bal/Fade to that speaker and you should hear it coming from the door panel :thumbsup:

mcbagpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP 401A
After installing my gt350 track pack spoiler this evening I had a look around the passenger side door and window to see if I could figure out the sound. All of my seals look good, can't reproduce the sound by pushing on anything. Lifted the hood and looked around to see if there was anything loose that could be causing the rattle on the passenger side.

There's a tube that emerges from the passenger side front quarter panel entering the hood area close to the hinge (right up by the windshield). This tube is wrapped in a hard plastic cover and it runs from the hinge area, up the side of the hood and under the sound deadening material....it appears to be the feed for the windshield sprayer. Every place this hard covered tube contacts the metal on the hood, or more importantly where the tube disappears down into the quarter panel, it creates an audible rattle. Wiggling the tube slightly creates a sound similar to what I'm hearing in the cab, and the general area would be right. I'm assuming it's happening when enough air gets between the hood and quarter panel at higher speeds. I covered all of the areas I could with foam tape to eliminate the hard plastic to metal contact points.

Test drive coming soon, will report back!

Reactions: A7X

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
I have a sound from the left rear (right behind me in the quarter panel almost...) that happens at 65+ mph. It sounds like a piece of paper or label which is loose somewhere inside and flaps against something else. Very subtle but extremely annoying. Dealership took apart rear wheel well liner and said they didn't see anything. They acknowledged that they could reproduce the sound but couldn't figure out where it was coming from. I'm not sure I want them tearing apart the interior of the car for this though.

mcbagpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP 401A
So the front washer tube wasn't the culprit...vibration still there at speeds above 60 mph. I think it might be the front wheel fender liner. The passenger side fender liner contacts the frame in a few different points which result in a tapping noise if pushed lightly. The structure on the driver side is a bit different so it doesn't seem to have the same issue.

I'm wondering if that's vibrating at higher speeds with increased wind pressure. I've used some felt furniture pads between the liner and the metal frame to see if that fixes the issue.

As noted by the poster above, it almost sounds like a tag flicking back and forth in the wind, but I can't see anything obvious under the car or along the side.
Sponsored