Sponsored

Dynamic Diode Switchback fell out

MontelG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Do you have the link to their store page where you ordered?

This is where I last saw them, but you can't actually order them anymore...

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/...switchback-turn-signal-led-kit/category/1444/

This is the Mustang category and the switchbacks are nowhere to be found:

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/listed-by-vehicle/ford/mustang-ecoboost.html

If you bought them from AM or another reseller let me know how they fit when you receive them, I was hesitant to order them there since I figured they might be selling older versions that they still have in stock.
I ordered them from Steeda. They were to be dropped shipped from DD but they told me yesterday that they are on back order. So, looks like I going to be waiting a while.
Sponsored

khaosryder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
'15 RR 100A EB PP
I ordered them from Steeda. They were to be dropped shipped from DD but they told me yesterday that they are on back order. So, looks like I going to be waiting a while.
Makes sense. In the mean time I've ordered some ebay ones for like 18$ a pair. Let me know what you think about the DD ones when the new design arrives.

Sponsored

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Weird, I remember having to really force it in whereas the stock one seemed kind of loose and easy to remove. Have to remember to check though this time of year I'm leaving home and work in the dark.

OP
OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
We have made several revisions to the design to improve their fitment. The bases of every single bulb are all modified and tested specifically for the 2015+ Mustang's socket prior to shipment

We encourage you to contact us directly if you need any troubleshooting tips or warranty assistance: (314) 205-3033

Thanks,
Nick C.
+1

Finally contacted them, and they're sending replacements. Not sure if I should replace the passenger side as well, because I already taped it onto the harness. I hate just thinking about opening up the wheel well, scratching my forearms to hell messing around with it, and then buying a magnetic pickup stick, and then turning the wheel the other way, and repeating everything :tsk:

AlexDLegit

Instagram: @geaux5eaux
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White w/Blackout PK
This happened to me with a different brand. Spent 30-40 minutes fishing it out with nothing but what was essentially a fishing pole made of electrical tape. Talk about frustrating.

chris_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium PP
I never had a problem with mine falling out, interesting.

black1985gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT premium
Mine seemed loose when I originally installed them. I found that I wasn't pushing hard enough to fully seat the bulb. With a tad more force the bulb almost seemed to "snap" in to place and I haven't had any issues with them.

Sponsored

mojo2008

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
I understand the thread is a little old, but I just had the same problem. I saw the extendable magnet suggestion and figured I'd have this problem licked in an second. Now I'm not sure if this is an older batch or a newer batch of the switchbacks, but the leads are not magnetic. I ended up wadding up a bit of duct tape on the end of the magnet and was easily able to pull the light to the socket. From there needle nose pliers got it right out. Ended up taking three minutes instead of 30 seconds.

When I reinstalled the light I pressed firmly and felt a distinct click. My own fault for not seating it tight enough. Time to hit the gym I guess.

I hope this helps someone.

Andy

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
This crap just happened to me and the bulb completely refuses to stay inside the harness. Talk about frustrating. What exactly is wrong with the bulb that they won't stay in?

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
This crap just happened to me and the bulb completely refuses to stay inside the harness. Talk about frustrating. What exactly is wrong with the bulb that they won't stay in?
The bulb should click into place, the same way the factory bulb does. Our production team has to shave some material off of the actual base of the bulb itself to make the bulb a true 7444-sized bulb.

My apologies for the frustration, if you've ordered the Mustang-kit specifically, which comes with the 7444 bulbs, this should not be an issue.

If your bulb will not click in place, please call us for a replacement unit: (314) 205-3033

We will make sure you are taken care of!

Thank you,

Nick C.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Called them but only gave me technical support on how to fix it. Its my second time fixing this as well. Running out of hope

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Called them but only gave me technical support on how to fix it. Its my second time fixing this as well. Running out of hope
No reason to run out of hope, our team always offers troubleshooting methods first, to confirm there is indeed an issue. If you aren't able to get it to click in place correctly, please contact us and we will issue replacements: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.
Sponsored