Sponsored

Saw the first 2015 Mustang today

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
First time i have actually seen one in person, it was at my local gym driven by a very proud female who's previous ride was a 2014 GT. The Car was a GT premium, red. Car looks a lot like the 14's, wish they had made it look more different, but it does look better. I really like the rear, thats the best angle to view the car imo(rear 3/4 angle.. kinda like looking at J Lo lol) the overhangs are a bit long and the front end looks awfully high, not sure why they didn't slope it down more. Parked next to a new model BMW and chevy malibu the Mustang front end looked really high in the air. Overall the car looks good, certainly did not blow me away but i think i could lower it and could be happy with the exterior.
Interior. WOW, so much better than the previous gen Mustangs, better than my 07 BMW previous car, as nice as my current 4runner limited if not better. I was really impressed with the interior. the car had the leather non recaros with the white contrast stitching. I did not get to sit in the car, i was sweaty from a crossfit double WOD, but just eyeballing it, it was impressive. I will be driving one later this week, can't wait.
Sponsored

Poisond281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing exciting
No offense meant - but you didn't see much of visual difference between the 14's and 15's? Am I reading that correctly?

OP
OP
drabon74

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Not as much as i had hoped for. It's different, but still very similar. A guy with me who's wife has a 2012 Mustang even commented that it still looked a lot like the previous model. The 15 looks like a facelifted 14 IMO Not knocking the car because the 14 was easily the best looking car of all the pony cars.

WestRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3
The Mustang really does not look like a typical European sport coupe. Those who expected such probably will be disappointed. Personally it took me awhile trying to understand the design. I stood in front of it at the auto show for a good 1/2 hr or more almost like studying its shape. Yes the rear and front overhang slightly longer than say a BMW or even the Camaro. Looking at its side view from a far distant I swear it almost looks like a horse galloping with its slight sloping nose and extended trunk length. I wonder if its designers may have strayed a touch too far on the styling and in the process compromised the practicality - something the Camaro was criticized for.
But it definitely has a unique present that really is unlike anything on the road. I thought with a complete redesign, Ford would have move it closer to the more traditional sport coupe, but it seems to me the design at least philosophically may have moved closer to the essense of the Camaro - a little to the macho side.
But all in all, if you have to make an analogy vs. the BMW/Audi sport coupe, think of the Mustang good look as Michael Douglas in Spartacus vs. the David Beckam or Fabio of BMW and Audi. Looks like this horse will have to fight for respects. Lols', the Romans probably didn't understand it much :-).

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Not as much as i had hoped for. It's different, but still very similar. A guy with me who's wife has a 2012 Mustang even commented that it still looked a lot like the previous model. The 15 looks like a facelifted 14 IMO Not knocking the car because the 14 was easily the best looking car of all the pony cars.
:crazy::shrug: A facelifted 14? :lol:

Sponsored

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
First time i have actually seen one in person, it was at my local gym driven by a very proud female who's previous ride was a 2014 GT. The Car was a GT premium, red. Car looks a lot like the 14's, wish they had made it look more different, but it does look better. I really like the rear, thats the best angle to view the car imo(rear 3/4 angle.. kinda like looking at J Lo lol) the overhangs are a bit long and the front end looks awfully high, not sure why they didn't slope it down more. Parked next to a new model BMW and chevy malibu the Mustang front end looked really high in the air. Overall the car looks good, certainly did not blow me away but i think i could lower it and could be happy with the exterior.
Interior. WOW, so much better than the previous gen Mustangs, better than my 07 BMW previous car, as nice as my current 4runner limited if not better. I was really impressed with the interior. the car had the leather non recaros with the white contrast stitching. I did not get to sit in the car, i was sweaty from a crossfit double WOD, but just eyeballing it, it was impressive. I will be driving one later this week, can't wait.
I have very little words other than...are you kidding? Looks totally different inside and out. The interioir is WAY better and different. The outside is much wider and lower looking. Completely different hood, nose, roof-line, rear. I'm pretty sure you were looking at a 2014 still.

The Dude Abides

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT PP Magnetic
WestRace, it was Kirk Douglas that played Spartacus. Way more macho than his soft shoed son Michael;)

The quickest and most apparent analogy I can draw would be the VW Bug. Sure you can tell they come from the same heritage, but it ends there. They are wider now, roofline is similar yet nearly not as rounded, more of an arch. The ass end isn't as blunt. The fenders are more integrated and the technology is of this century.

No offense to the 2014, but if I was buying a new car last year I probably would have passed on the Mustang. The new fastback, hips, sideview, front fascia and creature comfort interior have me hooked. V8 with IRS and PP.
HELL YES, bring it on!!!

I believe that Ford has intentionally created a car that would have otherwise been overlooked (by me anyways.) Most definitely a
New era car. My last three cars have been;
BMW M3
BMW 545
Subaru spec.b

I can honestly tell you at 45, I've never been this jazzed about buying a new car!
Rowing gears in 'Murican V8;)

Twenty15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium | DIB
Dude must of been staring at the chick driving the 15, then got smacked by his woman for staring, therefor he was a little dazed. I can see his confusion.

Branden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

All I gotta say is.... Cocaines a hell of a drug.

Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Such a contrast to the haters, who swear this car looks just like a Fusion, is not a Mustang, never will be a Mustang, and that all Mustangs died with the solid rear axle.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
The reason the hood is so long and tall is the honkin' V8 packed under the hood. Plus it's that way to enable SC to fit under there as well, along with the racing radiator and coolers.

This has to be the first time I've heard someone say the '15 looks like a slightly updated '14. I guess it's similar in that it's still distinctively Mustang, and it's a slightly larger package. Unlike the Fox body that was a far smaller package.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
meth is a hell of a drug.

sandbagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 kona auto
Well I too have just seen my first 15 this past weekend , car was GT PP Car Black
and I don't know why but I did not get the Wow feeling that most of the people on here have got. maybe its my old school mind set. or maybe the color. maybe because I ordered in may and feel let down by ford. I really like it from the Back. but have mixed thoughts of side profile of rear quarters. also was not sold on the heat extractors on hood. I'm planning on looking a diff color one this weekend. yes it still is mustang but just not be my taste.
The bad part I have a very large down payment on a Kona LE now I'm second guessing my self partly I think because I ordered in may and I know I wont see mine until spring.
Thinking when I ordered in may I would have one of the first 15 in my area but that was a big let down knowing now i'll be one of the Last LE being Built
don't get me wrong it is a great car but may not just be for Me
Sponsored