Sponsored

NA build hp potential?

UglyMutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I'm trying to decide if I should continue to save for a SC or just go NA. I don't really need a 600+hp car for what I want to do with it. 500 would be ideal but I don't think your going to get it NA.

Does anyone have an idea of what could be possible with a NA build? I'm thinking gt350 intake, lt headers on e85 is about as far as you can take it without really breaking the bank. You think 450+ rwhp could be hit with something like this?
Sponsored

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
I'm trying to decide if I should continue to save for a SC or just go NA. I don't really need a 600+hp car for what I want to do with it. 500 would be ideal but I don't think your going to get it NA.

Does anyone have an idea of what could be possible with a NA build? I'm thinking gt350 intake, lt headers on e85 is about as far as you can take it without really breaking the bank. You think 450+ rwhp could be hit with something like this?
I'm sure others will chime in...

My.02...cams, GT350/CJ/Edelbrock intake (with appropriate air intake and throttle body), headers, exhaust, tune will probably get you somewhere in the 460-480 rwhp range. E85 will bump you up a bit. 500 rwhp may be doable, but it would be the max potential I would guess.

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
It just depends on how much you want to spend. The best way to go NA is to do all the work yourself if you are mechanically inclined. I plan to build NA when I decide to forgo my warranty. My initial mods will be...ARH Headers, CAI, 350 Intake Mani, Oil pump gears and billet guides while I'm in there and tune it spinning to 7700-8000 RPM's. I fully expect that will get me to 470-480whp. The next things that will get you to the 500whp is Cams; and if they don't, better flowing heads will surely get you there and more.

Take what I say with a grain of salt as these are just educated guesses based on what i've seen done with other members cars. I do think they are quite reasonable and conservative.

If you do the work yourself; Exhaust, CAI, Intake Mani, Cams and tune is roughly the cost of supercharging maybe a little less depending on which SC route you go. If you won't do the work yourself then SC will be the way to go if you just want more power. Centri SC's will get you there for a really good price.

Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
I'm looking for mid 500's with a full build on E98. May be possible to hit 600, but that'd be a max effort build.

BCeagle08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB PP 6MT Navi 401A.
Headers and E85 is really the best bang for buck NA mods right now. Stock intake and cams are very strong.

Cams are suspect at best. Even the GT350 intake doesn't seem worth it for the amount of money. Yes it has a big eye popping max HP increase, but the effect on the power band is really only for 300rpm at the top.

If you're going for dyno numbers, then yea you'll need cams and an intake, but it's debatable just how much usable power they give you for the cash.

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
It's actually for over 1000 rpms with zero loss anywhere. Makes a huge difference over stock im it seems. Even bigger gains when combined with headers I bet as well.

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Headers and E85 is really the best bang for buck NA mods right now. Stock intake and cams are very strong.

Cams are suspect at best. Even the GT350 intake doesn't seem worth it for the amount of money. Yes it has a big eye popping max HP increase, but the effect on the power band is really only for 300rpm at the top.

If you're going for dyno numbers, then yea you'll need cams and an intake, but it's debatable just how much usable power they give you for the cash.
i feel like youre miss understanding the dyno sheet and what it means. it loses no power anywhere and only gains tremendously the dyno sheet we looked at didnt even go up to 7500 rpm... it stopped at like 72-7300. this IM would probably be the single biggest power NA mod for anyone wanting to make the best ET down the 1/4 the fact that it doesn't just fall off is huge and it makes so much more usable power. also as far as cost 1k for this plus 200 for the TB is the best bang for buck part i have seen..

Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
The stock intake mani really chokes it past 6,500 rpm. The CJ was right up there with the headers IMO.

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
headers give that power across the band but doing down the drag strip if youre at 4k rpm's youre doing something wrong. its all about that peak power baby.

shadowsong6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 mustang v6
There are a few 11-14 Coyotes that are over 500 NA, so it is doable. Hell I think I remember seeing one somewhere that was 570 something.... think it was a Livernois build.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
There are a few 11-14 Coyotes that are over 500 NA, so it is doable. Hell I think I remember seeing one somewhere that was 570 something.... think it was a Livernois build.
That was a purpose built race car. The new coyote is definitely capable of impressive NA numbers, though.

Nick@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.teamjdm.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tremor
Our N/A CJ has run a new best of 9.58 this past year.

Here is an old blurb if you missed it: http://www.teamjdm.com/blog/worlds-quickest-fastest-na-coyote-built-by-jdm-engineering-/

[ame]

My point is the N/A potential is great but for a street vehicle there is a point where an aggressive N/A setup may not be very streetable.

Keep an eye on our 2015 A6 GT. The long term plans for that is a full N/A build starting with "bolt-ons" and then getting into the engine. Updated post on our car coming very soon!
Sponsored