Sponsored

Has anyone here received a call for delivery, or taken delivery?

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Thought for sure we would have one or two members that would have received a call or picked up their cars by now?

Maybe next week...
Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
People on this site represent a very small portion of the people who will be buying a GT350, I figure.

OP
OP
_M_

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
People on this site represent a very small portion of the people who will be buying a GT350, I figure.
Yet we know there are more than a few that are getting 2015s here. And I suspect one or two Ford VIPs on here as well, if not more.

Hopefully we will get some deliveries soon.

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
According to the poll numbers of orders, we represent a little more than 5% of the total buyers.

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Go check out VOA, that's an even smaller niche group, Viper ACR. 645hp, v10, more downforce than any production car, all starting at 117k. Guess what, buyers already have them and have taken delivery as early as late september. This mind you is a car that was 3 months or so later than the GT350.
Ford dealers will adm the shit out of the car, ford will delay the shit out of the car. It's gotten really annoying to be honest. When the hell are we going to see these on the street??? :frusty:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
According to the poll numbers of orders, we represent a little more than 5% of the total buyers.
If that's accurate, that's actually not too bad...250'ish cars based on the preemptive assumption that 5500 cars are being made for '16.

OP
OP
_M_

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
If that's accurate, that's actually not too bad...250'ish cars based on the preemptive assumption that 5500 cars are being made for '16.
And that's just those who actually voted.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
35 Rs out of supposed 500 is pretty good.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Go check out VOA, that's an even smaller niche group, Viper ACR. 645hp, v10, more downforce than any production car, all starting at 117k. Guess what, buyers already have them and have taken delivery as early as late september. This mind you is a car that was 3 months or so later than the GT350.
I'm not sure what you mean that the Viper ACR was 3 months later. I thought you said people took delivery almost a month ago. Don't you mean the ACR was about a month prior to the GT350?

I snipped out the last part of your post. I think it's better I don't reply to it.

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I'm not sure what you mean that the Viper ACR was 3 months later. I thought you said people took delivery almost a month ago. Don't you mean the ACR was about a month prior to the GT350?
Not 3 months later, over 6 months later!
I surfed the VOA forums and future owners got notification that they are starting to get shipped (early october). Within the passed two weeks have been getting them.

Photos courtesy of Darius (darius240z):

ACR 5/12/2015: http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2016-dodge-viper-acr-official-photos-and-info-news

GT350 unveil 11/17/2014: http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2016-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-photos-and-info-news

The GT350 had quite a head start. Its almost November and not a car delivered! :tsk:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Not 3 months later, over 6 months later!

ACR 5/12/2015: http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2016-dodge-viper-acr-official-photos-and-info-news

GT350 unveil 11/17/2014: http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2016-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-photos-and-info-news

The GT350 had quite a head start. Its almost November and not a car delivered! :tsk:
I get it now. What you are complaining about is the long amount of time between the reveal and the cars being delivered. I get it. I'm impatient too.

It does help that Ford said from the beginning that the cars would come out in late fall. Since fall just started and fall continues until nearly Christmas, I haven't expected them to arrive earlier. Late fall to me means late November or possibly even mid December. So I think Ford will be pretty close to on schedule or possibly a little early compared to what they originally predicted.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Ford (and the dealer) haven't lied to me yet. They said fall delivery, and I just got my build week of 11/16 - which is considerably earlier than I expected. As far as the original reveal date goes, in this competitive marketplace what manufacturer doesn't unveil concepts or prototypes a year or more in advance of on-sale date?

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
My Dealer called me this afternoon and said I should have my car next Tuesday. I'm not buying in just yet. My contact at the plant says it was finished Thursday, but is currently has not been released to ship.
Sponsored