Sponsored

Constant Rattling from interior

Dave2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1
17 GT PP. First Mustang ive owned. Are the interior rattles something i should get used to? I now have 4 separate interior rattles that drive me fking berserk. Enough so that i posted about it in a forum. Smh. Really hard to pinpoint where they are coming from. I cant be the only one.
Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
My '15 had a rattle from the rear view mirror, and the turned aluminum dash trim from the Performance Pack had a squeak.

My 17 has been rattle free so far, fingers crossed.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Do you have adaptive cruise control? The led bar on the dash for the collision warning "hud" gets loose and rattles. I have to snap it back in all the time.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I have adaptive cruise on my '17 but I've not noticed mine popping loose. Of course, mine only has 3200 miles ...

Grinder67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
My ‘17 GT has an annoying creak/crackle sound that seems to be coming from the metal dash trim around the heater outlets. It seems to be related to temp changes in the heating system but not sure.

Sponsored

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I had the door latch recall done and they broke the tabs on the little plastic covers right behind the door opener handle. Rattles like a biatch (replacements on the way).

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
The '15's also had an annoying rattle coming from the knob for the lights... I had to take mine out and put some foam tape between the knob housing and the dash and that took care of it.

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
The '15's also had an annoying rattle coming from the knob for the lights... I had to take mine out and put some foam tape between the knob housing and the dash and that took care of it.
I fixed that with a folded business card tucked underneath just out of site.

MrBoogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Here's my list of interior squeaks and rattles:

All five vents.
The glovebox door.
Both "chrome" trim rings in the cluster.
The center dash speaker cover.
The passenger side A-piller.
The drivers side B-pillar.
The headlight switch.
The drivers side door latch.

I've noticed the noises are dependent on weather, as the plastic expands and contracts with temperature. Some only make noise in the winter. Some only make noise in the summer. There's so many I gave up trying to stop them. I just turn the radio up. Ironically, I can't turn it up too loud because then the door panels rattle.

I realize it's not a $70k luxury car, so I don't expect it to be dead silent, but my winter beater, a 14 year old Nissan Altima worth about $3k makes considerably less noise than the Mustang.

Grinder67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT

All five vents.
The glovebox door.
The headlight switch.

I've noticed the noises are dependent on weather, as the plastic expands and contracts with temperature. Some only make noise in the winter. Some only make noise in the summer. There's so many I gave up trying to stop them. I just turn the radio up. Ironically, I can't turn it up too loud because then the door panels rattle.

I realize it's not a $70k luxury car, so I don't expect it to be dead silent, but my winter beater, a 14 year old Nissan Altima worth about $3k makes considerably less noise than the Mustang.
Agreed, my 10yr old 150K Scion I traded in for my ‘17 GT made far less noise than this brand new car. These things are assembled or designed poorly. Sure is fun when you hit the go pedal though.

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods

All five vents.
The glovebox door.
The headlight switch.

Hey, can we expand your list to include the sound at each source?

For example, the headlight switch and pillars have a buzz, and sound like plastic. I have a new "rattle" (not buzz) that sounds metallic coming from the passenger area. Haven't isolated it yet. Could it be a door latch? I have a similar one coming from the back, and wonder if it might be the rear seat catch.

:frusty::frusty:

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
LOL you ladies.

Occasionally when I slam the accelerator all the way to the floor my glove box falls open and the owners manual flies into the passengers chest.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

All five vents.
The glovebox door.
The headlight switch.
I've got the rattle from that area too and it drives me crazy. Part of it is each of the chrome rings and the other is the piece of plastic between the two (under the center display). I'm thinking about stuffing a piece of fabric in there or something to see if it helps or just trying to complain and get it replaced under warranty and see if that makes it better.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I've got the rattle from that area too and it drives me crazy. Part of it is each of the chrome rings and the other is the piece of plastic between the two (under the center display). I'm thinking about stuffing a piece of fabric in there or something to see if it helps or just trying to complain and get it replaced under warranty and see if that makes it better.
I've got that one too.

DAZZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RHD Mustang GT S550 PP Platinum White
Hey, can we expand your list to include the sound at each source?

For example, the headlight switch and pillars have a buzz, and sound like plastic. I have a new "rattle" (not buzz) that sounds metallic coming from the passenger area. Haven't isolated it yet. Could it be a door latch? I have a similar one coming from the back, and wonder if it might be the rear seat catch.

:frusty::frusty:
I had a similar issue and trying to drive and figure out where the sounds was coming from was impossible sometimes its sounded like it was coming from the rearview mirror and other times the door. it ended up being the plastic surrounding the passenger vent by luck I was simply pressing hard in different areas and it just clicked into place and never made a sounds ever again - phew.

By the way I removed the entire rear quarter panels pulled out the parcel shelf carpet rolled dynamat on the parcel shelf pulled out the ford thick anti-vibration foam inside the quarter panel threw it away and rolled dynamat onto the body of the car and a similair foam product on the plastic interior part. I have zero rattles or squeaks anywhere no matter the coarseness of the road or the bigger the bumps. The thick moulded foam was a huge factor in making a squeaking sound when you open the quarter panels a move the foam back and forth it makes a noise, much better without it.

The only remaining issue is when the car goes over a significant incline and the body contorts I can get a creaking sound, its not suspension I think its the rear parcel shelf where I installed Dynamat over some cables that might be pulling as the body stretches.

fortunately I have not pulled by dash apart and there are no rattles anywhere yet. The car as only 6000lm's on clock.

I also pulled by door panels off and dynamat the face of the door and a sponge audio sound deadener on the plastic side of the panel, in the window switch cavity I shoved foam. The doors are solid with no rattles and driving some high volumes without any noise.

The car is easy to work on with the exception of the issues some of you are having with the dash components. Australia has had some cold weather and some 45 degree hot weather and I have no dash noises caused by expansion and contraction.
Sponsored