Sponsored

Momo shift knob. One of the best mods yet...

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow
I have an MGW shifter which does without the pull-up reverse lockout collar. If your shifter still has this, this maybe isn't a thread you want to read...

I have been unhappy with a bunch of shift knobs I've tried with the MGW including the stock one and a Ford Racing ball. The stock one I found too small and the shift pattern embossed into the top was far from comfortable.

I started looking around trying to find a leather wrapped, large diameter shift ball like I had in my old '97 Camaro with no luck. I found the Momo Anatomico, liked the looks of it and thought I'd give it a shot... It came tonight and I promptly installed it. All I can say is WOW! How can a shift ball completely change the feel of the car? But it does! I'm really over the moon with how it feels!

The leather feels great in the palm of my hand, although the stitching could be a little smoother feeling - but not at all bad!. The car feels easier to shift - perhaps because of the weight. Far less vibration comes through. It looks phenomenal, and feels even better! Oh, and did I say it feels great?

I did machine off some of the taper off the bottom aluminum taper for looks, but this in no way affects the feel. If you don't have a lathe, you could use a belt sander...

I bought it from AM. Here's the link to MOMO's page. I bought the short one.

https://www.momo.com/en-us/product/anatomico/

See photo... Yes. I know. I need to blow out all the dust and stuff...

John
ball.jpg
Sponsored

abbeynormal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PPGT Magnetic
This looks like what I'm looking for. I have the stock shifter, so I wonder what it'd take to keep the reverse collar working. At one point I was eyeballing the stock 86 SVO knob (it's taller than this knob) wondering the same thing.

Lnesprido

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
How did you’ll manage the reverse collar function
Sponsored