Sponsored

Tire for the Street and Track...

PowerAdderGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I just picked up a 16 Roush Phase 1 GT auto a few weeks ago and I am looking for a drag/ street tire recommendation. This is NOT a daily driver but a weekend toy.

No worries about wear or rain driving. Just looking for the best hooking tire on the street without sacrificing too much at the track. I am not ready to go to a 15in wheel and loose my parking brake yet tho, so I am limited to a 17in wheel.

Anyone have experience with the ET ST R bias on the street? I know the ET ST R Radial is the choice at the track but how does it compare on the street?
IMG_0020.JPG
IMG_0021.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like your driving schedule is identical to mine.

The ET Street R bias ply is what I use. Sidewall is soft so keep it straight and they work awesome. The 17" version is 28.6" tall so it will mess with your gearing/speedo a little bit.

Being that it's a very soft tire, they dust-up the back of my black car in no time. Kinda depressing when you just get done washing and waxing for a cruise.

gjpundsack

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thewaltermittygarage.com
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0; AT; 355's

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Yes but he is asking for a good street and track tire,bias ply tires are not very good on the street.

Bullitt17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've got the MT ET Street R Bias for my 15 GT 6spd. I pretty much only use it at the track. I have driven it from my house to the track on the tire and it did fine and I really like it at the track. However, I don't think I would recommend using that tire for weekend street use. The tire life will be much shorter if you drive it on the street and if you get caught in any form of precipitation you will struggle (especially with the power you make). So I keep a set of street wheels/tires and a separate set of track wheels/tires. Hope this helps.
Sponsored