Sponsored

A centri counter to brake boosting ?

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
So... The other day I had an EVO X with a GT42r setup that brake boosted on me, and it was an embarrassment to say the least lol. Is there a practice with a centri SC to counter that. Looking for a specific technique, not a mod.
I will apply laughs to all sarcastic remarks now:
Go bigger head unit :lol:
Crash into him :lol:
Go turbo :lol:
You trolls are so hilarious :lol:

Anyways, for serious responders, thanks for your time
Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Did u spin when u launched your car??if so that's why it seemed so bad.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Get a bigger Centri. A gt42 puts out a lot more power then a p1x when turned up. Plus he's plain lighter then you by a nice bit.

OP
OP
Cobo_pro

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Get a bigger Centri. A gt42 puts out a lot more power then a p1x when turned up. Plus he's plain lighter then you by a nice bit.
I guess that would make sense, but my gt35 on my Evo 9 didn't seem too crazy, didn't think the 42 was much more. Guess I was wrong

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I guess that would make sense, but my gt35 on my Evo 9 didn't seem too crazy, didn't think the 42 was much more. Guess I was wrong
A gt42 or 7676 is a 7 second turbo in a gutted coyote. Deep 8s with minor reductions. But a gt42 should in all respect drag you silly. Especially given the weight difference on top of it.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
AWD > RWD
That isn't true at all. I've had a mid 700whp dd beater Sti with a 6766. Unless on slicks it still had traction issues. A properly set up rwd car will hook just as good if not better. It's people's lack of experience dialing in rwd for street racing.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
That isn't true at all. I've had a mid 700whp dd beater Sti with a 6766. Unless on slicks it still had traction issues. A properly set up rwd car will hook just as good if not better. It's people's lack of experience dialing in rwd for street racing.
Can't say I agree. All other things being equal, AWD has more traction. 4 patches of rubber will always out grip 2, again if all other things are the same.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Can't say I agree. All other things being equal, AWD has more traction. 4 patches of rubber will always out grip 2, again if all other things are the same.
You don't have to agree. I have done both drivetrains. Ive dragged many comparable power awd chasis to my rwd chassisfrom digs. Rwd is better when you know how to set it up. Period.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cobo_pro

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
A gt42 or 7676 is a 7 second turbo in a gutted coyote. Deep 8s with minor reductions. But a gt42 should in all respect drag you silly. Especially given the weight difference on top of it.
Don't feel too bad lol

OP
OP
Cobo_pro

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Wow, that's nuts! My Evo was 10.9, I thought that was fast lol

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Wow, that's nuts! My Evo was 10.9, I thought that was fast lol
There was nothing you could have done. Even if he had it turned down to around 700s worth of power. That's all it took for low 9s or high 8s for me. Just enjoy your blower. :cheers:

OP
OP
Cobo_pro

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Thanks bro, one loss of many wins lol
Sponsored