Removing Sway Bar

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Did anyone remove the front sway bar? If so did it help with traction at the track?
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I didn't help the sixty enough to make it worth while on my car. Unless your obsessed with being on top of the fast list it's not worth it.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Good luck.

Sponsored

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Will do. I need to get the slicks mounted and hunt for cool weather.

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Its been a while, any results from anyone if it helps some or not ?

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Mine has been off since the car had 400 miles on it. Still corners perfectly flat. Been 1.76 60' on the stock pzeros, and 1.52 60' on slicks with a stick.

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Premium GT
what about the rear one?

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
what about the rear one?
Wouldn't think it would help all that much. Removing the front swaybar on a RWD car for more traction on launch has been around forever. You don't even have to remove the front bar, you can disconnect the endlinks or even buy "quick disconnects". It's all about letting more and more weight transfer to the REAR (where the drive wheels are) on launch.

Other tricks that helped me get a big, fat '67 Chevelle into the 10's with without slicks / tubs (granted this was in the late 80's and it meant something then LOL) were small things..

Worn out (or now you can buy drag shocks) in front to help with weight transfer. Not sure if it would be applicable to IRS, but I installed those air lift "helper" bags inside one coil and inflated it a bit to load that side. That plus rigging a windshield washer pump system (sprayer went through small holes / tubing drilled into the rear wheel wells over top of the tires) that sprayed traction bite onto the tires and a few other tricks pushed that old beast to 1.7 and 1.8 60 ft times on bias ply's back in the day.

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wouldn't think it would help all that much. Removing the front swaybar on a RWD car for more traction on launch has been around forever. You don't even have to remove the front bar, you can disconnect the endlinks or even buy "quick disconnects". It's all about letting more and more weight transfer to the REAR (where the drive wheels are) on launch.

Other tricks that helped me get a big, fat '67 Chevelle into the 10's with without slicks / tubs (granted this was in the late 80's and it meant something then LOL) were small things..

Worn out (or now you can buy drag shocks) in front to help with weight transfer. Not sure if it would be applicable to IRS, but I installed those air lift "helper" bags inside one coil and inflated it a bit to load that side. That plus rigging a windshield washer pump system (sprayer went through small holes / tubing drilled into the rear wheel wells over top of the tires) that sprayed traction bite onto the tires and a few other tricks pushed that old beast to 1.7 and 1.8 60 ft times on bias ply's back in the day.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93807

more was asking about how the car drove. not about how to "go fast" lol

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I do not have front or rear sway bars on my car.

Drives fine for me, and works well when racing at the drag strip.

I know some people run some of the "drag bars" or what not - but I have not seen a single reason to keep that weight on the car. If I saw a need for it, it would have been one of the first "upgrades" I would have offered.

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do not have front or rear sway bars on my car.

Drives fine for me, and works well when racing at the drag strip.

I know some people run some of the "drag bars" or what not - but I have not seen a single reason to keep that weight on the car. If I saw a need for it, it would have been one of the first "upgrades" I would have offered.
thank you kelly, im going to give it a try this weekend. if it doesnt drive like an sn95 i'll be content :D

i almost feel like being lowered on the bmr drag setup is causing the sway bar to fight its self

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
It could be.

Many times when you lower these cars, the sway bars get introduced to uneven loads which causes preload within the sway bars. Once you preload one, and front/rear links are non adjustable....you now have preload in the front and rear systems.
Sponsored