Sponsored

How much power do you have on your MT82 ?

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. Driver mod and just generally knowing what you are doing are key ingredients to keeping anything alive in a car. Also component selection plays a role. I wouldn't dare try to beat on a stick car with a hard biting clutch and a drag radial from a dig. That's just asking for problems. They make bias ply tires for a reason..
I'm using Nitto drag radials on my '17 V6 - I already had them. I don't do high RPM clutch drops at the track and the car seems to like slipping it just a bit off the line. I just don't have enough passes with this car (going Saturday after changing to 3.55 gears and getting a tune) to have figured out how it "wants" to be launched yet. The quickest 60ft times I've ever recorded with street cars (actual street cars LOL) and a manual, always involved getting off the line with a balance of smooth vs. quick - the goal of course being able to get into WOT without traction loss as quickly as possible.
Sponsored

TwinTurboMustang.net

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
18k miles on mine, boosted for 15k
832whp/700+tq
RST Clutch
Transmission is holding good....for now.

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
687/525 SAE
Street so far, only one time at the track when the car was 3 weeks old and stock.
Stock clutch
7300ish
Stock tranny

Trans has been a great experience thus far. By far the smoothest transmission I've ever had in a Mustang. Not looking forward to swapping out the transmission here in the near future, going to miss the mt82.
Sponsored