Sponsored

26 vs 28 front runner

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
just ordered some dark stars and now looking at tires. people seem to be all over the place. any reason not to run a 26"? I would assume since there is less rubber, it would be lighter (though marginally).
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Yes a 26" tire would be slightly less rotating mass, and other than looking goofy if running a 28 on the back and/or larger fender gap you won't notice any appreciable difference.

If you're a hardcore competitive racer front tire size does come into play with the staging beams, and reaction time vs ET difference.

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
just ordered some dark stars and now looking at tires. people seem to be all over the place. any reason not to run a 26"? I would assume since there is less rubber, it would be lighter (though marginally).
The reason behind the 28" fronts is rollout, more rollout gives you rolling start before the timing system starts, this is only for the person looking for every little hundredth of a second...like me lol.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
The reason behind the 28" fronts is rollout, more rollout gives you rolling start before the timing system starts, this is only for the person looking for every little hundredth of a second...like me lol.
At the expense of slower reaction time though in heads up pro tree style racing.

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT