I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
I only wave at modified Mustangs or if they wave at me first generally.

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
There is NO Mustang “wave”. There is however the Mustang “ignore”. The other Mustang driver does indeed see you but must either stare straight ahead, look away from you or on rare occasion look at you with disgust. This is my first Mustang, a car that stole my heart in April, 1964 but now that I drive one find most other drivers cold, aloof and arrogant as if they believe ownership puts them in automatic competition with other Mustangs and yours is not worthy.
Sounds cynical but prove me wrong.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
;)Here in Jersey we have a special wave. It looks like we’re flippinya off. Don’t take it that way.

10r80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
There is NO Mustang “wave”. There is however the Mustang “ignore”. The other Mustang driver does indeed see you but must either stare straight ahead, look away from you or on rare occasion look at you with disgust. This is my first Mustang, a car that stole my heart in April, 1964 but now that I drive one find most other drivers cold, aloof and arrogant as if they believe ownership puts them in automatic competition with other Mustangs and yours is not worthy.
facts

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mickeymeanie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Convertible - PP
That is unfortunate but it is similar to what I've seen so far. I've had other non-Mustangs give thumbs up and compliments...

I'll wave if I see ya! :cheers:

Last edited:

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I usually wave. I've noticed I get more responses from S197's and Fox bodies than S550's. And almost never a reply from 1st gen.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
too many random mustangs on the street to wave at everyone. used to have a miata with pop up lights and would wink at others but with the mustang i usually just nod at the modded ones

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
I usually wave at the clean modded ones and S550's. Most of the time I get a wave back.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
GT350 and GT500 guys usually will give a wave or thumbs up. Rarely other Mustang guys will. They often seem surprised when I wave. 'vette guys don't wave. Street rod guys pretend not to see me - they know Ford built a better performing car than they did. Guys owning the other brands of pony cars tend to be friendly.

I ignore people who are trying to race or doing other things that are sketchy in traffic, though.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Over 40 Thumbs up like Fonzie.

Otherwise mimic what the other guys do first, lol. If you're trying to wave first every time, stop it. Just be cool and do a glance. They know you're looking.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Bob, if that is your real name... You sir, are exactly right. But it isn't just other Mustangs, it's other performance cars in general. BMW M series owners are the worst. Harassing, tailgating, anger, etc... Surprisingly, Hellcat Challenger owners have been the nicest to me. Charger owners are hit and miss. I had a Charger owner come up beside me and gun it then slow down. When I finally look over at him and rev it, he isn't even looking at me, he is looking at his PHONE! Makes no sense :shrug:.

But the Mustang wave... I only wave at modified Mustangs. I do the same in my Jeep. I only wave at modified Jeeps. Too many randoms that don't care to waste my time.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I usually give a quick wave or a nod, but only cars that I can tell are GTs, or especially, that are modded. If I see an aftermarket grill, splitter, or rims, or I can hear your exhaust, you get a wave. Otherwise, they're usually hair dressers or midlife crisis drivers.

JR

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
...used to have a miata with pop up lights and would wink at others....

I had a few RX-7's....a quick tap on the switch would flip the lights like a wink, yeah. Those were the days.
Sponsored