Sponsored

Not really a power seat

earlingy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
They should advertise the Premium seats as "partial power seat," not power seat. With the manual seat back, it takes me 30 minutes of driving to get the seat back adjusted every time I move it, and even then I feel like it's wrong. It also just feels like there aren't enough "clicks" in there, one is too far back, the next too far forward. I bought the power seats with memory for a reason!
P.S. First World Problems.
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Actually I prefer having manual recline back on a coupe.
Sucks when you have to press a button waiting for the back to recline to access the back seats.

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Actually I prefer having manual recline back on a coupe.
Sucks when you have to press a button waiting for the back to recline to access the back seats.
Agreed. Since I have a toddler that goes in the back seat frequently enough, the instant manual lever is better.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
They should advertise the Premium seats as "partial power seat," not power seat. With the manual seat back, it takes me 30 minutes of driving to get the seat back adjusted every time I move it, and even then I feel like it's wrong. It also just feels like there aren't enough "clicks" in there, one is too far back, the next too far forward. I bought the power seats with memory for a reason!
P.S. First World Problems.
why are you adjusting the seat every single time you enter the car??

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
In my case, my wife likes it in a different spot.
Confused
I have the memory seats,
On Tuesday took the car to my Detailer he is 6.4, I am 5.6
got back in the car pressed the number 1 memory button, and 20 seconds later was perfect
As for letting people into the back seats, same thing
And I love when you sit in the seat, press the button and your seat moves you into position
its so cool,

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
I've had both manual and power seats...always feel like manual was ultimately better due to not having to wait on motors....and I fully understand the not enough detents argument...That all said, I still wish I had power heated lumbar equipped Recaros

Sponsored
OP
OP

earlingy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My last car with power seats had a quick release to manually flip it forward for backseat access. It also went back to the position to which you had it set when you pushed it back. Plus, if you want very good access to the backseats, you still have to slowly slide the whole seat forward with the button... I've never had a car that when you pop the seat back up it doesn't also slide the whole seat forward!

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
You can also assign your key to a specific seat and mirror setting. My key is set to position 1 so when I unlock the doors the seat and mirrors will set themselves to position 1. If my wife uses her key to unlock the door the seat and mirror will set themselves to her position (2). This of of course will not work on the back of the seat.

OP
OP

earlingy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I've done that. No one drives my car but me, so my 2 and 3 are my barefoot and "I'm wearing regular shoes, not steel toe boots today" settings.
Sponsored