Sponsored

Leasing a Ecoboost mustang Performance Package

Mopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hello I will be leasing a mustang ecoboost soon and wanted hear some opinions about getting performance package on it. I am not sure if it is a waste of money to put 2k on a leased car or if it will be worth adding it. Personally I would love to but want to hear everyone's thoughts on it. Thank you/ Oh by the way let me know if anyone of you guys are currently leasing a mustang with performance package!
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hello I will be leasing a mustang ecoboost soon and wanted hear some opinions about getting performance package on it. I am not sure if it is a waste of money to put 2k on a leased car or if it will be worth adding it. Personally I would love to but want to hear everyone's thoughts on it. Thank you/ Oh by the way let me know if anyone of you guys are currently leasing a mustang with performance package!
WAY more fun to drive with the performance package, and not harsh. I really liked the EB PP, just didn't care for the sound.

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
Well, we are not sure if leasing is a waste for your situation either.

Seriously. Not another one of these threads.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I think the PP is a great value, bigger brakes, better springs/dampers, I believe better sway bars and taller gears. If I remember correctly, the stock gears are 3.31 and the PP comes with 3.55 which makes quite a difference. Now if gas mileage is important to you, know ahead of time the taller gears will decrease gas mileage. If it's the ride and the enjoyment, drive both, I think you'll agree.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I think the PP is a great value, bigger brakes, better springs/dampers, I believe better sway bars and taller gears. If I remember correctly, the stock gears are 3.31 and the PP comes with 3.55 which makes quite a difference. Now if gas mileage is important to you, know ahead of time the taller gears will decrease gas mileage. If it's the ride and the enjoyment, drive both, I think you'll agree.
Shorter gears, but we know what you mean.

Sponsored

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
Leasing is for German luxury cars...
Ecoboost premium, PP, nav, shaker pro audio. Sticker is $35,000.
3 months later Kelly Blue Book is $21,000. Leasing is the only way to go unless you plan on keeping the car for the rest of your life.

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Well, we are not sure if leasing is a waste for your situation either.

Seriously. Not another one of these threads.
Wtf is wrong with people like you? This person is getting a very exciting new car and wants real world opinions to help him make a decision. That's why forums exist. I get that we can't tell him if it's right for him or not but we can share our experiences.

Get off your high horse

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
Ecoboost premium, PP, nav, shaker pro audio. Sticker is $35,000.
3 months later Kelly Blue Book is $21,000. Leasing is the only way to go unless you plan on keeping the car for the rest of your life.
That's why you buy the used one. Let someone else take the deprecation hit.

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
Wtf is wrong with people like you? This person is getting a very exciting new car and wants real world opinions to help him make a decision. That's why forums exist. I get that we can't tell him if it's right for him or not but we can share our experiences.

Get off your high horse
And what do you have to share in the thread? To make a point? Well in that case, if my point is what high horse means, I'll stay mounted. Thank you!

Sponsored

rubyinla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
ok... so you left out a lot of information. Are you 28 and feel the need for speed :) ? Will this be a daily driver or a weekend race car that you are renting? Do you care about a "smoother" ride? Do you care about the monthly payments? Can you afford the insurance? Do you care about the gas mileage?

I answered all those questions and leased a non PP. I can still go as fast as I want to go and go around a corner faster than my wife would ever want too :)
Hardest part was manual or automatic.
Good Luck :ford:

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
Definitely benefits to leasing (I'm currently leasing). I don't really see a huge problem with it, just depends on the payments that you get.

That being said, get the PP with EB. You might as well, seeing as you're saving coin for not going with the GT. Everyone always talks about how the handling is pretty great on the standard EB. Just imagine with the performance upgrades.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Lease programs were really bad when I got my 15 about a year ago, monthly's were higher, were probably higher than the 0%/60 months I could have gotten. I'd never put more than a 1K down on a lease, there's no point, I see THAT part of leasing as wasted money. But I love to lease, I tire of a car in about 30 months and am ready to move on, and I take super good care of them; no excess wear/tear/mileage. I find great value in being able to walk in and hand the keys and walk away. I'm never upside down, I never get in to any of the "extended" servicing and I'm always under warranty. I think it's great.
I don't see 60/72/84 month loan note on a depreciating asset as a good thing.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
You shouldn't be paying the full 2k on a lease, as I imagine the residual value will go up a bit with the PP?

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
Go for the PP if you don't hate the black wheels...I think that is the only real downside to the PP(I don't like black wheels). I don't have the PP but I would get it if I leased. As it is I am doing some upgrades that mimic the PP but I bought my EB so I can do it after the fact. The brakes are great difference, little better performance, and suspension parts. Get some better gauges also. No real downside other than cost so go for it. Have fun.
Sponsored