Sponsored

Maximise fuel economy for Ecoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016
I have a 2.3L ecoboost 2016. I get 37mpg careful driving on long trips and around 30 normal. Are there any kits/tunes available to stretch into the 40s?
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
A tune would likely help with this. A K&N filter will help as well, I picked up 2mpg with mine on a stock air box.

Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
I thought 19 was Normal MPG fer city and 30 HWY ....

I am able to hit 44 MPG Hwy cruising at 57 on interstate 57 until the speed limit goes up to 70 and then forget about IT ..I'M cooking so get out of the Kitchen ..............

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
Pretty sure if you specify you want mpg to a tuner, he'd give you a nice conservative tune.

lazarus870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
A tune would likely help with this. A K&N filter will help as well, I picked up 2mpg with mine on a stock air box.
Wait, you picked up 2 MPG just with the K&N, or just with a K&N and no tune? Was it mostly city or highway? That's pretty impressive.

Sponsored

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Wait, you picked up 2 MPG just with the K&N, or just with a K&N and no tune? Was it mostly city or highway? That's pretty impressive.
It may seem this easy... But it's not, otherwise Ford would've done this from factory. A tune on the other hand will make some difference.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
It may seem this easy... But it's not, otherwise Ford would've done this from factory. A tune on the other hand will make some difference.
you can make the same case about a tune. Why would Ford leave MPG on the table? Either way, there better be a good reason to load a tune, as it could mess up warranty on the engine and transmission.

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
I'm showing an average of 1.8mpg better so far on the computer and I'm seeing it pumping gas as I'm going about 25 miles further on a tank, the stock paper filter is very restrictive. Unless I'm doing a full intake right away a drop-in is always my first mod, even the beaters I've owned.

No tune, almost entirely city driving.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
you can make the same case about a tune. Why would Ford leave MPG on the table? Either way, there better be a good reason to load a tune, as it could mess up warranty on the engine and transmission.
Reliability is probably one of the main reasons. I wouldn't tune a car for the sake of MPG. If that was my main concern, I wouldn't own a mustang :)
Sponsored