Sponsored

It's October. Who's still on summer tires...

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
And what are your plans? 52 for a high today and I still have my factory P zeros on the car. I don't think I will be changing tires until next year. Fortunately I have another vehicle for the bad weather this winter. I still plan to drive the car as long as it's above 40 and dry. I'll have it in the garage for most of the winter, may take it around the block if it's dry and not too cold. Is anybody planning anything similar? For those storing their cars over the winter what are you doing to protect the tires?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I'm in LA. No plans to change my tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i could not imagine the life of having to change tires and or storing a vehicle for winter.

boileralum

cone junky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP DIB
And what are your plans? 52 for a high today and I still have my factory P zeros on the car. I don't think I will be changing tires until next year. Fortunately I have another vehicle for the bad weather this winter. I still plan to drive the car as long as it's above 40 and dry. I'll have it in the garage for most of the winter, may take it around the block if it's dry and not too cold. Is anybody planning anything similar? For those storing their cars over the winter what are you doing to protect the tires?
I'm in Indy, same plans as you. The wife and I carpool most of the time, especially in the winter, so the Pilot will continue with winter driving duties.

Sponsored

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The way to the airport Monday was pretty funny. It was 49° for the trip and I could spin the wheels at will in 3rd and even in 4th at the right RPM (not during a shift, literally just hitting the power band right). Once I was on the road for about 10-15 minutes that went away but it was ridiculous before that.

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
I sure am. Thanks to global warming.. its been 80 degrees here... breaking records (add that to the most 90 degree days by far in the history of this area in one summer). But the best mod I have ever purchased is my 2004 Civic LX which will be driven when the rain comes... and it will soon... for half a year strait.

NickD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Dreaming of a Mustang GT
i could not imagine the life of having to change tires and or storing a vehicle for winter.
Yeah, it's a reality in the midwest. When I had my mustang, I stored it every winter. It was kind of depressing, but I always looked forward to pulling the cover back off in the spring and it'd be super clean with low mileage. They put so many chemicals on the roads out here it's not even worth it to try to drive a nice car during winter.

If I were to get another S550. I'd have to store it in the winter, if it snows, it'd be pretty much impossible to get anywhere.

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
florida can use summer tires all year :D

if it gets really nasty out ill use the truck.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I put pirelli sottozeros on my forgestars. I am ready for winter!

Sponsored

Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible
Here in northern Illinois they started using some Beet juice mixture instead of salt on the roads. It stinks like crap, looks like nasty brown tabacco juice, and it's super slippery till it dries.

Cloak

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
The way to the airport Monday was pretty funny. It was 49° for the trip and I could spin the wheels at will in 3rd and even in 4th at the right RPM (not during a shift, literally just hitting the power band right). Once I was on the road for about 10-15 minutes that went away but it was ridiculous before that.
VA represent! sucks that I am storing my stang for winter, but atleast i dont have to worry about shitty nova drivers and salty roads

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Louisiana. I'll run mine all winter. Just extra careful when cold. No problems last year at 28 degrees but I wasn't stupid either.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
While I miss NYC everyday; the one thing I do not miss is dealing with the shitty Northeast winters and having to plan my life around them. If only NYC could have Florida weather all year...sigh