Sponsored

Can I add factory subwoofer to my 9 speaker setup?

kallo07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Hey guys,

I like the factory look in my car audio. I would like to add a sub woofer a factory one. Is it possible? I have the shaker 9 speaker setup.

I don't feel like adding an after market sub.

Thank you.

Eddie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Ap8823

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
I don't think it not possible...

Animusgreen72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium
I would also like to know if this is possible. Also is it possible to put a sub in the spare tire compartment? My buddy has an SRT 392 and it has 2 subs in the spare tire compartment.

18RCrimsonGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Premium GT
Sub can be added if you use line input converter usually pulling signal off rear speakers and add the amp and speaker. Most car audio places can do this.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I would also like to know if this is possible. Also is it possible to put a sub in the spare tire compartment? My buddy has an SRT 392 and it has 2 subs in the spare tire compartment.
You can do whatever you want as long as you have or find somebody that has the skills to do it. A lot of guys have used that space to hold amps or compressors for AirLift kits.

If they come up with a custom fabricated box that will hold well in that space, I don't see any issue with it as long as the amp has room to breath.

Sponsored

18RCrimsonGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Premium GT
As long as box airspace is compatible with woofer just about anything can be done. If you tell a custom shop what you want they can come up with something that will work for you.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
If you want to turn 9 speaker to a 12 you have change amp to the premium system amp it will have the low out to feed a rear shaker. So find wreck with premium system and buy both amps and the shaker

jsn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Tried to do this a while ago.

Reprogramed ACM, APIM and DSP using Forscan to match the factory subwoofer config, also modified/added the remote turn on and sub signal, but no luck.

I was able to turn it on, but would not receive any kind of signal from the amp.

Lastly decided to get the signal from the rear speakers and use an aftermarket amp.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
You need the factory DSP/Amp from the 12 speaker car. The circuit traces for the the subwoofer line level out are not physically there on the 9 speaker DSP/Amp. These amps are usually pretty inexpensive. DO NOT use line level converters on these cars. They are a band aid, a wet day old band aid with black fuzz on them.

jsn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
You need the factory DSP/Amp from the 12 speaker car. The circuit traces for the the subwoofer line level out are not physically there on the 9 speaker DSP/Amp. These amps are usually pretty inexpensive. DO NOT use line level converters on these cars. They are a band aid, a wet day old band aid with black fuzz on them.
Good to know this, I was going crazy trying to make it work.

Yeah, line level sounds pretty bad, I mean it adds some bass but it doesn't sound any good.

(If possible) I would completely recommend going the OEM way.

Sponsored

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
This is what you need. Nice, clean, and easy install. I've had my harness on my car since its release and I am very happy with its performance. Easy plug in to add a subwoofer. If you have a premium car, you don't need the programmer, only the harness.

[ame]

SWallace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT Vert
This is what you need. Nice, clean, and easy install. I've had my harness on my car since its release and I am very happy with its performance. Easy plug in to add a subwoofer. If you have a premium car, you don't need the programmer, only the harness.

I've been trying to get that harness for a while. Where did you get yours? There was a guy on here that was selling them for a while but then he dropped off the face of the earth. I found another one with a programmer but they want $200+ and won't sell it without the programmer.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I've been trying to get that harness for a while. Where did you get yours? There was a guy on here that was selling them for a while but then he dropped off the face of the earth.
I’m still here. The interest in building those just kind of petered out and they are expensive and time consuming to produce. If you have a Premium car though you don’t want that harness you need the harness that bypasses the DSP/Amp module.